“Cool Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

R. Thomas Deluxe Grill
Ranked #217 of 3,907 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hartwell, Georgia
“Cool Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a meeting this past Sunday in Atlanta and decided to try breakfast at R. Thomas Grill. This is a cool little place with an atmosphere far from the United States, very exotic, and so different from any other restaurant we have been in; very tropical. When walking to the door outside, there are exotic birds lining the outside of the building. These birds are very well taken care of and a nice touch to enjoy before starting our meal.
There are many, many items to choose from on the menu but the breakfast items are a little limited if you are visiting with children and they are not well educated in good food. Both my husband and I had the basic breakfast, Peachtree Morning, which is 3 eggs, choice of meat, toast, and a choice of side. We both had the wonderfully thick bacon, cooked perfectly, along with their cottage fries which were out of this world! My eggs, sunny side up, were cooked to perfection. I don't like any hardness to my yolks.
All the different dishes we saw served looked tasty and everyone seemed happy with their meals. There is limited seating if a crowd came which seemed to start happening once we were done eating. So there may be a wait at times.
I loved the ambiance here and am looking forward to going again during a different meal to how wonderful any meal can be here.

• Visited August 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Recently Raised the Price-- Didn't Raise the Quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everyone is spot on with their reviews (funky menu and location, healthy and diverse menu, cool decorations, etc.), but prices have recently been upped, and the menu has stayed the same, so it's not the same deal it used to be. Still good, just now a bit overpriced.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Super foods, hip & eclectic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Only our 2nd visit, but guaranteed to be more. My wife & I are in love with the food, atmosphere & very holistic tone carried out from the casual herb garden surrounding the restaurant to the tropical birds in cages at the entrance. The food is completely organic & absolutely delicious. Whether you like meat, veggies or vegan diet, you'll be able to enjoy it all! We went this past Sunday for our 22nd anniversary, was our highlight of the day.

Atlanta, Georgia
“One of my favorite menus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Diverse healthy choices as well as yummy breakfast staples, I make an effort to try something new every time, but often come back to the green tea veggie bowl while my husband eats traditional eggs, sausage and sides. We visit monthly.

Visited April 2012
Pennsylvania
“Healthy Food 24/7”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The menu here is diverse and healthy and accommodates a variety of diets, from meat eaters, to vegetarians, to vegans and even raw food vegan diets. My teenage sons and I loved this place. The atmosphere is also really cool.

Visited July 2012