“If You are Desperate”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Andrew Young International
Reviewed December 29, 2008

I attend Amerciasmart six times a year. Azios is one of the few restaurants within safe late night walking distance from our hotel. That is basically the only reason we eat there atleast once every trip. The food is average. The staff is consistently rude. I just attempted to make phone reservations and was appalled by the flippant attitude of the young man answering the phone. I would think they draw a large part of their business from that market and thus would be more cordial. As they say – location, location, location. Lucky for them - they have a captive audience. Maybe that's why they treat people like they do. If the food was amazing I might be more tolerant. I’ll take a cab.

Reviewed December 2, 2008

We attend the Gift Market twice a year for 10 days each time, for 12 years now. The Market overwhelms every restaurant downtown and the staff at Azio's are pros at handling getting slammed. I sit at the bar and see first hand how rude people are to the servers and bartenders. As long as someone is working fast and hard and really trying to do their best, why would someone belittle or be rude to that person? Azio's has great food at reasonable prices and take it from me, they really do try and do care about their customers. Any place that gets as busy as they do must be doing something right.

Reviewed October 20, 2008

This experience was terrible from the get go. I walked into an empty restaurant and was told I could not be seated until my husband joined me (he was running late from work), as they were "fully committed." Had there actually been people in the restaurant, and had the host actually been less flippant, that might've been okay. So even though I had a reservation, I was absolutely not allowed to be seated.
Ten minutes later, restaurant is still empty and my request was denied again. I was treated so terribly, that I left - the host was obviously very disgusted that someone would want to go ahead and be seated at their table, order wine and appetizers, and start a lovely evening. I would suggest Dailey's across the street. Exceptional service, very nice hostess, delicious food...in this economy, Azio's is clearly not interested in offering customer service.

Reviewed September 11, 2008

I and some friends of mine had Azio suggested to us by the concierge at the hotel we were staying in. We walked to it, and some of us walk faster than others, so two of us arrived ahead of the others. When we entered the restaurant the host asked if we needed a table for two and I said, "no there will actually be five," he then said they would seat us when everyone was present. I said, "they are literally coming up the hill right now, we just walk faster." He said,"Well, then you won't have long to wait." This was said in an extremely rude manner. We didn't walk out then because it had taken us a while to decide where to go and we didn't want to have to go through that again. When everyone else arrived, we were seated (in a nearly empty dining room). While we were waiting for our drink order to return, we relayed what happened upon us entering the restaurant to the rest of our group. Since we were a group of five, we would have to pay an included 15% gratuity, I wouldn't normally mind this, but in light of the service we had received to this point I did not want to pay for something I clearly wasn't getting already. So we decided to leave. As we were leaving the host asks if we are leaving and one of our party says,"Yes, we do not like to pay included gratuities." Another lady that works there is walking up at this time and says,"Oh, you can't afford it?" We just continued on our way out the door and took our business elsewhere. The prices on the menu were not even very expensive and there was absolutely no reason that should have been said. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Go to little azio instead (more bang for the buck). Continues the trend of bad italian in atlanta.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook