“Disappointing from the Beginning”
Review of Azio - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Andrew Young International
Reviewed October 20, 2008

This experience was terrible from the get go. I walked into an empty restaurant and was told I could not be seated until my husband joined me (he was running late from work), as they were "fully committed." Had there actually been people in the restaurant, and had the host actually been less flippant, that might've been okay. So even though I had a reservation, I was absolutely not allowed to be seated.
Ten minutes later, restaurant is still empty and my request was denied again. I was treated so terribly, that I left - the host was obviously very disgusted that someone would want to go ahead and be seated at their table, order wine and appetizers, and start a lovely evening. I would suggest Dailey's across the street. Exceptional service, very nice hostess, delicious food...in this economy, Azio's is clearly not interested in offering customer service.

Reviewed September 11, 2008

I and some friends of mine had Azio suggested to us by the concierge at the hotel we were staying in. We walked to it, and some of us walk faster than others, so two of us arrived ahead of the others. When we entered the restaurant the host asked if we needed a table for two and I said, "no there will actually be five," he then said they would seat us when everyone was present. I said, "they are literally coming up the hill right now, we just walk faster." He said,"Well, then you won't have long to wait." This was said in an extremely rude manner. We didn't walk out then because it had taken us a while to decide where to go and we didn't want to have to go through that again. When everyone else arrived, we were seated (in a nearly empty dining room). While we were waiting for our drink order to return, we relayed what happened upon us entering the restaurant to the rest of our group. Since we were a group of five, we would have to pay an included 15% gratuity, I wouldn't normally mind this, but in light of the service we had received to this point I did not want to pay for something I clearly wasn't getting already. So we decided to leave. As we were leaving the host asks if we are leaving and one of our party says,"Yes, we do not like to pay included gratuities." Another lady that works there is walking up at this time and says,"Oh, you can't afford it?" We just continued on our way out the door and took our business elsewhere. The prices on the menu were not even very expensive and there was absolutely no reason that should have been said. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Go to little azio instead (more bang for the buck). Continues the trend of bad italian in atlanta.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 4, 2008

For starters, if you use a GPS navigation system such as I do, the address of the restaurant is not exactly the same as the location. The address is on Peachtree St., but the restaurant entrance is on Andrew Young International Blvd. Free parking is available in the deck across from the entrance, but because this was not initially found, I paid for a deck 1 block away. The restaurant was nice and although the dress was supposed to be business casual, many patrons wore jeans and less dressy outfits. There was a football bowl game in Atlanta the following day so this many of the patrons had on their team colors which may have allowed the less dressy attire. I had the Chicken Marsala which was excellent and my date ordered the Grilled Shrimp & 4 Cheese Pizza which was also very good. We also had the calamari appetizer which was surprisingly larger than expected for an Atlanta restaurant.

Our waitress was very well informed and the only downfall was after ordering dessert, I felt like she had forgotten about the order because it took around 10 minutes to receive it. Additionally, the key lime pie that I ordered was not all that good. If you are planning to go to this restaurant, I recommend using a certificate from restaurant.com which Azio will allow you to use on alcohol, which many will not. After using the certificate, the bill was only $31 (not including gratuity) after 2 entrees, 1 glass of wine, and 1 dessert.

Overall: great atmosphere, above average food, and good prices. Would recommend.

1  Thank CWest4816
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 7, 2007

Great Italian place to eat, but considering that I went to this restaurant every other day since it was right next to work and there was no better restaurant that we wanted to take new employees and visiting clients, I started to dislike this place. But overall it is just like any other restaurant.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook