“Great Italian, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Azio - CLOSED

Azio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Andrew Young International
NC
“Great Italian, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently visited Atlanta and we decided on dinner at Azio. We walked right in no problems, the restaurant wasn't full, most of people in area were attending SEC championship
At Ga. Dome. We walked in and were seated, server came and told us specials drinks and food, he brought bread and vinegar and olive oil, it was good, we ordered dinner, my wife had pizza margherita and I had the capellini pollo. Food came quickly and both were excellent, my wife commented it was the best pizza margherita she had had in quite a while, no issues with dinner, nice atmosphere and located near Marriott marquis, Hyatt and Hilton. Overall, would recommend restaurant,

• Visited December 2013

NJ
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Surprised on the quality being in Atlanta and coming from New York

Pasta sauce was very good snd the meatballs were tasty

I would eat here again and recommend it to all (yes, even us Italians)

Kaaawa, Hawaii
“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We decided to get a "take out" dinner and eat in our room with reasonably priced wine (purchased at the nearby CVS store) and the beautiful view from a high floor at the Marriott Marquis.

We decided on Azio, conveniently located quite close to all the downtown hotels, and thought we would pick up something relatively light.

We phoned our order in and were told the food would be ready in 10-15 minutes, and it was ready as promised. We got there in about 15 minutes, and it was all there waiting. Two large bags and a pizza box. A lot of food!

Here's the verdict.

Caesar salads. Very reasonably priced, and large. The lettuce was fresh and crisp. Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it, and a reasonable caesar dressing. But no sign of anchovies or garlic, which meant it provided a good serving of greens but wouldn't get a rave. Mark in in these "Okay taste and large serving" category.

Antipasto plate. This was outstanding and gets our strong recommendation. A variety of items made it a pleasure. And it was large, again as advertised. The antipasto and salads would probably have been sufficient as a light meal.

Pizza. We added a small pizza, not knowing what the serving sizes would be like. This was a disappointment. It was plenty big, probably 12". It was thin crust, as advertised, but seemed like it had only been partially warmed and never got crisp. "Soggy" is a term I might use. It tasted fine, but that wasn't enough. We picked up our food about 15 minutes after ordering, so it shouldn't have been sitting around very long.

Bread and olive oil. The meal came with a large serving of sliced bread and olive oil for dipping. This was also very good.

So our experience was mixed.

The meal was reasonably priced, some we rated very highly, other parts not so much.

If we were staying longer, I would probably go back and try their pasta. That's to signal that Azio showed enough signs of life that it deserves another chance.

Next time we're in Atlanta, we'll likely give it another try.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank iLind
North Carolina
“Food was excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was dining out with people who have lived in Atlanta for years and when I first went in I was surprised that we were not going to a nicer spot.
After they brought the food I was not disappointed that they had chosen this spot. The salads were very tasty and the presentation was good. Then it just got better from there. Everything I tasted was delicious and the service was very good as well; attentive without being overbearing. Would be happy to go back there on my next trip.

• Visited November 2013
Saint Andrews, Canada
“Fantastic linguini”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of having dinner here during a business trip to Atlanta. I had the special which was linguini and shrimp in a blue cheese wine sauce. It was fantastic. If you get a chance, go you will not be disappointed.