“Great Pizza, Pasta, and Service”
Review of Azio - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Andrew Young International
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Pizza, Pasta, and Service”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

What more can you ask for? My wife, 2 boys, and I had a great pizza, delicious florentine ravioli, and hummus at a great price with wonderful ambiance and tremendous service.

San Jose, Costa Rica
“great pizza, good pasta, huge salads”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We always go to Azio when we are in Atlanta because the service is very good, the pizza with shrimp is delicious and the caesar salad is too. Oh, and the basket of bread with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese that precede the meal is worth the price of dinner.

Visited October 2013
Beaverton, OR
“Comfortable with good food”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Service was pretty good, food was good, location was good, really, it is pretty much everything you would want in a semi-casual restaurant

Graniteville, South Carolina
“Yummy food, good value, great service!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My friends and I chose this restaurant on a whim while staying downtown and not wanting to drive. Labor Day weekend, during DragonCon, and only a 10 minute wait for a party of four. Fast, friendly service too. Food was reasonably priced, generously portioned, and quite yummy. Great experience!

Visited September 2013
Washington
“If you're a single diner or watching your salt-Look Out!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Many restaurants are simply flustered by single diners - we're an odd bunch and consequently odd things seem to happen to us. When I arrived for dinner at Azio's, the front desk greeter went through the usual "how many are you?" question and when I indicated it was only myself, he steered me to bar, saying I could get served there but said "if you insist, we'll seat you in the restaurant". I just wanted a quick dinner so I went back to the bar, but there was nobody back there serving. After wandering back out to the front of the house and looked around I ran into sympathetic server who confirmed I could eat at the bar and got me settled. I ordered a glass of wine, the crab cake appetizer and veal piccata main (which was recommended). Unfortunately, the main course came out first and I returned it, asking the server not be put under a heat lamp or re-serve it. The crab cake came out next - the quality of ingredients was good and the presentation was nice, but the salt content was high, which was disappointing. Maybe it's a regional thing I thought. Halfway through the crab cake, the manager brought back the veal and set it on my table. I re-informed him that I wasn't finished with the appetizer and that I had previously asked him not to reserve this portion, which by now must have been on the warmer for 30 minutes. He grudgingly took it away and my server later confirmed my suspicions about the heat lamp. She finally brought a fresh portion, but the it was salted so heavily that most of the dish was not edible. Only the vegetables and pasta were reasonably seasoned. This is a nicely designed restaurant, close to hotels and with a pleasant menu, but someone needs to figure out how not to make single diners feel welcome, and more importantly - hide the salt shaker! From an economics point of view, other than the alcohol consumed, this was a waste of money. Kudos to my patient and helpful server who did her best to protect me from her co-workers.