“Experienced better at other McCormick and Schmick's”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 4,031 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Centennial Olympic Park Drive
Transit: McCormick & Schmick's is located on the Marta bus line.
Description: Visit McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Atlanta's exclusive and interactive entertainment venue, the CNN Center, also home to the luxurious Omni Hotel and Cable News Network's global headquarters. McCormick & Schmick's at CNN Center offers traditional seafood excellence at one of Atlanta's top points of interest. Visitors and locals can visit the new Georgia Aquarium, the 21 acre Centennial Olympic Park, home to the 1996 World Olympics, the World Congress Center, Philips Arena and the Georgia Dome, all conveniently located next to McCormick & Schmick's. Famous for classic seafood specialties served in an unpretentious atmosphere, the menu at McCormick & Schmick's changes daily and features the freshest seafood in Atlanta. Be sure to try the lunch and dinner specials that include salmon roasted on a cedar plank, Nantucket Bay Scallops, Copper River Salmon, charred Red Snapper and Florida Grouper.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went there twice--once for lunch and once for dinner on a business trip. Both times, I had colleagues who went with me...

The good:

The food was good if expensive

The not so good:

The service was uneven: at lunch the server forgot to order my colleagues salad and offered to add it to his order after he got his entree; at dinner, the service was good.

In comparison with another McCormick and Schmick that I had experienced when vacationing at South Lake Tahoe, the food and service were average by comparison...

1  Thank aggiealum

Reviewed December 26, 2012

If you enjoy abuse, bad service, humiliation, mismanagement and getting socked for hundreds of dollars, this is the place for you...

They forgot one meal and apologized AFTER they gave me the check...the whole family (9 people) were shocked at the patronizing (idiot) manager's feeble patronizing attempt to cover over their mess-ups. HE NEEDS TO BE RE-TRAINED or let go!

The waitress forgot a meal and our drinks...with not even a second thought.
The manager said he wouldn't charge me for the meal they forgot to serve...but he did not take off the no drinks mess either. BIG DEAL not charging me for a forgotten meal

...No redeeming features, a rip-off on food, horrific treatment of customers...mismanagement verging on fraud, and they were not that busy.
The manager's feeble attempt was too late, a complete failure and when he patted me on the back after his moronic patronizing apology, I was so angry and upset I could have smacked him.

A ruined xmas family meal...once a year and they screwed up with an "attitude" of "we have plenty of customers WE DON'T NEED YOU... this is a hugely OVERPRICED ($500.00) joint...it is mass feeding of frozen foods at gourmet prices...a rip off....awful service forgot to bring our drinks yet they scurry when you order their high priced wines. THIS PLACE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT to it's customers and owners. Go someplace else! Anyplace else cause this was so bad.

Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I am from Atlanta, and this is my go-to anytime there's an occasion. The service is impeccable, ambiance wonderful, and OH MY LORD the food is amazing. From the drink menu to appetizers to main course (I can't mention the desserts bc I'm always too full!) it's just delectable. Price isn't low, but the quality of food and the dining experience make it worthwhile.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We arrived late, but we were warmly received. The food we had was outstanding. From the presentation, to portion size, and especially the flavor...excellent!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went with business colleagues. We had a reaservation in this very large restuarant , nicely located right next to the convention center.
The atmosphere is not exactly cosy, but OK.
A waiter informed me I could wait in the bar until the whole party had arrived. Only then could we be shown to our reserved table. So I had a cocktail in the bar - a rather good one actually.
At the table we were given a one page combined wine and food menu. Seafood and steaks is what's on here. My colleagues ordered stuffed salmon and seared ahi tuna.ANd I a new york steak.We also ordered a nice pinot noir.
The food arrived quickly and the seafood was delicious my colleagues said. My steak however was rather chewy and not exactly tender. But flavourful.
The wine did not arrive. Only half way through the meal did the wine arrive, and it was a different year from what they had on the menu. Enquiring about this I was told that this was what they had but the price was still the same for the one-year younger wine. I asked for the one-page wine list again and chose another wine. Which after another 5 minute wait arrived - again a year younger than what they had on their list. Now we were almost done with the meal (unless we should have waited for the wine and allowed to the food to go cold - we chose not to), but the friendly manager approached us and asked if he could comp the desserts as the whole wine thing had clearly gone a bit off, and he was not at liberty to change the wine prices even if they were not the ones listed on the menu.
So four nice desserts were chosen and quickly served. And they were overall of good quality.
The service in the restaurant was OK if a bit disinterested and slow. Many waiters seemed to be busy hanging out and talking to each other.
Woul I come back - well it is handy and located next to the convention center. But there are better restaurants in Atlanta.

1  Thank nikolai69