“Great Steak- as usual”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Baker Street & Peachtree Center Avenue
Transit: Peachtree Center MARTA
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Comfortable, wonderful, atmosphere with great steak(ny sirloin)and very good sides. The au gratin potatoes were not up to par with the spinach and mushrooms which had a little kick which we all loved. Although $60 for a steak is a little pricey but we are hooked.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We enjoyed a fantastic steak dinner with all the trimmings, complete with a onion soup/salad, steak and potoates and great desserts.. worth the price ... be prepared for a la carte side items that are shared...

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Unfortunately location is closed. I feel bad for all the people who lost there jobs. To walk in one day and realize they no longer have a job.

While the restaurant is closed and the sign might still be up,it is not Morton's fault the property management company have not taken down the signs. In addition we must keep in mind with, the Internet is not always right. You should always go to the company's website to get accurate information. Google,Bing, Yelp, etc... don't update their information as quickly as we would like.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The bone in Ribeye and filet were prepared perfectly, great char and spon on medium rare. However, while the flavor on both is what steak is about the texture of the ribeye did not say prime to me. My favorite bucket list entry is Peter Lugar's in Brooklyn ( it never will get taken off no matter how many times I go). This restaurant is great for business expense account meals but for me it's now off my list, can't justify cost.
Had a ribeye at Sears a Marriot restaurant which I would return to the next night. Steak every bit as good possibly to my taste, possibly slightly better texture. Meal was just over half the price of Morton's.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was at Morton's in Atlanta on April 28th while in town for a convention and I decided to bring my party of five to Morton's for dinner.
I've been to several Morton's locations, including New York, Schaumburg Il., Orlando, Singapore etc.. and I love eating at Morton's. Food is excellent and the atmosphere is always fantastic. It was not my case for this dinner in Atlanta. No doubt this is the lousiest Morton's location I've ever been to.
The place was over packed (it was a Sunday, they had another room which they were not using). The tables were too close one to te other and we could not move our chairs without asking the people of the other table to move too.
There were some big groups talking loud and there was so much noise. I could only speak with the guy at my right side and at my left side. I could not speak with the people in front of me.
As the place was very full, the waiting for our meal was too much.
Besides being disappointed for the atmosphere, the big surprise came when next day when I checked the bill. I found out that a bone-in Ribye for USD 57,00 was added to our bill.
When the waitor brought the bill (and suggested an 18% tip, anyway too much for the evening) there was not a full detail of what we consumed. I gave him my credit card and he brought it back with the full detail whoich I didn't look again. I only reviewed the bill the next day. The bill also read table for six instead of a table for five.
As starters we ordered two Ceasar Salads at USD 12,00 each, one Prosciutto wrapped Mozzarella at USd 14,00 and Lobster Bisque. One of us skipped the starter. One of the Ceasar Salads was for me. I actually ordered an onion soup, but it was finished.
As main course we had three Ribeyes at USD 49,00 each, One Filt Mignon 6 oz at USD 42,00 and one Chicken Bianco at USD 28,00. On top of this, I had the surprise of the extra bone in Ribeye at USD 57,00, which I mentioned already. I had a medium rare Ribeye, I have to say was good.
We had two bottles of K Syrah "MIlbrandt" at USD 83,00 each (it sells on the internet at USD 30,00). Wine was good.
The cost for person including tips etc.. was around USd 150,00 per person.
I will make a point of not going again to Morton's in Atlanta. They had a very nice location in Buckhead and they closed. It was much better the other way around!!!!

Been to Morton's The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!