“Reliable Steaks in Downtown Atlanta”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 3,945 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Baker Street & Peachtree Center Avenue
Transit: Peachtree Center MARTA
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Reliable Steaks in Downtown Atlanta”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Morton's is one of the names that always come to mind when one thinks of a top quality steak. We had some unexpected good news one recent Saturday and the carnivores in the family demanded a celebration. I usually associate Morton's with business dinners but given the late notice on a Saturday, a downtown restaurant was one of the better options and we managed to get a reservation.
They have valet service and it costs $5 which given the price of the meal is quite reasonable for downtown.
The restaurant is comfortably furnished and we were seated directly. I understand that the Morton's group has now changed ownership and that as a result they have changed the show and tell that was their trademark for selling their wares. So instead of a cart to display all the different cuts of meat etc the waiter went through his spiel about which cuts were which.
the steaks we ordered were perfectly prepared and the side dishes very generously sized. The oysters for an appetizer were tasty but there was only four of them and the bisque soup frankly was very undistinguished.
The wine list has some very good entries but you will struggle to find a bargain here. We had an excellent Merlot which did the job for us but was priced over $130.
We had a chocolate lava cake to finish off, and there was consensus that it was wonderful.
I am going to say that although I think this is a very good restaurant but I am not sure about the value, but for an occasional celebration or perhaps for a non price sensitive business dinner, it meets a need.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank stephen c

• Greek first
Rome, GA
“Melt In Your Mouth Beef”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A trip to Morton's is a great experience in just plain great dining. I am not kidding when I said the beef is aged to prefection and melts in your mouth. It's pricey, the sides are for two not just one, the wait staff is fantastic, and the only down side is that it's noisey in their which does distract from an intimate dinner a bit. But after a while you don't notice it as much because you are loving your steak.

Snellville, Georgia
“Great food...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited Morton's last Saturday night @ approx 9:30p. We made a reservation; we were seated immediately upon arrival. Nice atmosphere; but a bit 'crampy'. The tables are VERY close together.
The filets were good.. Cooked perfectly. Fresh salads, fresh side dishes (generous portions). The bread was good as well.
The staff was friendly. Probably not as responsive and attentive as they should be. Be prepared to 'flag down' the server. But overall, average service.

Would I return? Probably--If I'm in the area.

Dover, Ohio
“great steak, but...”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The steaks are amazing but...we made a reservation & still had to wait. Then, the place was sssoooo loud (I read this on other reviews & shrugged it off)! You cannot hear anyone at the table. It was not relaxing b/c of this. We were drained from Atlantas Mart & just wanted to relax, but this atmosphere did not allow it! We ate at rays in the city the night b4 & sat right by the piano & thought it was loud, but nothing compared to Morton's! I gave it a 4 b/c the porterhouse was unbelievable, but our hotel staff said we could get an amazing steak st Teds Montana Grill for 1/3 of the price! My 17 y/o daughter & I split a steak and 2 sides & had water. Our bill was $130 w/ 20% tip. Ibthink that's outrageous. Probably will try Teds next time.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pricey, slow, and loud”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Don't get me wrong, Morton's makes a great steak and has tasty appitizers, but this Atlanta location is very loud and the service was second rate. The wait staff responded when requested, but multiple times drinks went empty for 5-7 minutes at a time and we had to flag down the staff for more. The noisy room made our group almost shout to talk to each other and the slow service led to a nearly 3 hour dinner. I would go back, but only when someone else is paying and I have time to spare.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Morton's The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!