“great steak, but...”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 4,012 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Baker Street & Peachtree Center Avenue
Transit: Peachtree Center MARTA
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The steaks are amazing but...we made a reservation & still had to wait. Then, the place was sssoooo loud (I read this on other reviews & shrugged it off)! You cannot hear anyone at the table. It was not relaxing b/c of this. We were drained from Atlantas Mart & just wanted to relax, but this atmosphere did not allow it! We ate at rays in the city the night b4 & sat right by the piano & thought it was loud, but nothing compared to Morton's! I gave it a 4 b/c the porterhouse was unbelievable, but our hotel staff said we could get an amazing steak st Teds Montana Grill for 1/3 of the price! My 17 y/o daughter & I split a steak and 2 sides & had water. Our bill was $130 w/ 20% tip. Ibthink that's outrageous. Probably will try Teds next time.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Don't get me wrong, Morton's makes a great steak and has tasty appitizers, but this Atlanta location is very loud and the service was second rate. The wait staff responded when requested, but multiple times drinks went empty for 5-7 minutes at a time and we had to flag down the staff for more. The noisy room made our group almost shout to talk to each other and the slow service led to a nearly 3 hour dinner. I would go back, but only when someone else is paying and I have time to spare.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The steak was very tender and the salad was very good. The baked potato was big enough for two people. But the chocolate "molten lava" cake was out of this world good!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Meals are exspensive and really do not compare to other Atlanta steak houses such as Hals,Chops,and Bones
Convenient to the Hyatt but a short taxi ride gets a better steak

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I hadn't been to Morton's since the change in ownership. I preferred the Buckhead site to the downtown site but they've closed the Buckhead site. I came here on the Sunday before the Thanksgiving holiday to celebrate my birthday and the place was almost empty. This location gets a lot of the convention crowd because of it's location so I'm guessing that's the reason for the small crowd. That was fine with me because when this location is full, it is very loud and noisy. I ordered filet mignon, medium well and my date ordered a ribeye, well done. When our food arrived, it seem it had been reversed. My filet was burnt on the edges and light pink on the inside and his was red inside but juicy on the outside. Prior to this visit I have NEVER had a steak delivered to a table with the edges burnt (even when the person ordered well done). Of course they were sent back and my date's steak was just cooked more, mine was a new steak. The second time, his was as he wanted, mine was fine on the outside and a little more red on the inside than I prefer but I figured I'd leave well enough alone. While this wasn't a bad food/dining experience, it was certainly a bit disappointing in that I expect great, quaility food prepared excellently from Morton's (and I've eaten at several). The staff was attentive and accomodating in setting things right and I guess everyone can have an "off" night but I just expect more from Morton's - especially for that price. Particularly since there was no reason to rush any order because, as I said, the place was practically empty. (Side note: I seem to be having a pattern lately of going to a restaurant, the place being empty but the service/food being subpar - Hmmmm??? I tip well for service/food well done so it can't be bad Karma!)

Been to Morton's The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!