“Ohmygoshhhhhhhh”

Ranked #206 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The building looks like its straight out the ghetto, I considered choosing another restaurant but my fiancé insisted we give it a try, and boy am I glad we did. The staff is super nice, and the food is so so good. I had the BBQ pulled pork and it's the best ever! Their cole slaw is really good and fresh too, and you have to try the que wraps.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Got off the plane and immediately came here. Best ribs ever, and I have had my share. Staff was fun, the place a dive, but it was great. I had the sampler plate with my wife and that was enough.

2  Thank Cardodude
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had 4 adults & 3 children in our group. We got the Monday special: BBQ plate- sandwich + 2 sides & drink. The portions were large enough to share w/ the children & everyone had plenty. Pork was extremely moist w/out sauce. The brisket was tender as well. The sides were good too. We'll be back!!

1  Thank GrandmamaBJ
Reviewed July 17, 2012

When you pull up, the place looks like straight out of a shanty town. But our family believes that D'z BBQ is some of the best we've ever eaten. The chicken was moist and well smoked and flavorful. The ribs were succulent and amazing, but you might want to ask them to go light on the sauce.

The sides were excellent as well. The kids loved the mac and cheese and the collard greens and black eyed peas were amazing (maybe a little heavy on salt) but still great.

A definite must stop place in Atlanta.

1  Thank Theacerbic1
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We took out a couple of slabs of ribs and some sides for a party. Ordinarily we would got to Fat Matt's because it's closer, but we read an article that sent us there. We found it quite good.

The reason I'm writing at all is to emphasize the difference between this place and most other bbq places, at least here. Many bbq places parboil the meat before cooking, which yields a very tender and moist bbq. Daddy D'z does not. As a result, the ribs are drier and chewier. Not worse, just different. We enjoyed them thoroughly...the smoky taste is great, and the sauce is wonderful. We ordered both mild and hot...wound up combining them later on. This is very good bbq.

We also ordered "large" sides, which turnout out to be pretty dinky. They're good, for sure, especially the slaw...but they are small. I'd advise ordering more than you think you need.

We've never eaten in there, and probably won't, but for takeout, this is good stuff.

1  Thank OldGuyPete

Been to Daddy D'z? Share your experiences!