“Wonderful, Wonderful Restaurant - you must go here”
Review of Agave

Agave
Reserve with OpenTable
Agave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 4,038 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This was our 4th visit in the last 2 months. We continue to go back because the food is wonderful, the ambiance is very nice but the waiter we continue to ask for is the greatest. Ask for Amir. He really is a pro and takes wonderful care of his tables. On the visit this week we brought friends from out of town who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary with us and again we were not disappointed.
We love this place even though in traffic it can take us an hour from our home in Sandy Springs to get there. It's worth the trip time.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We finally found a place that has New Mexican Cuisine here in Georgia. My burrito had Carne Adovada and came wtih Red and Green Chili sauces. It wasn't as good as the authentic stuff in ABQ, and there were no sopapillas and honey after the meal, but it was about as good as it gets for Georgia. A little overpriced as well, but fun for every once in a while.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

On Thursday each week after work I treat myself to a really good mid-level restaurant. For weeks a co-workers has been telling me to try a restaurant, Agave, which is near my main favorite Thursday restaurant, Six Feet Under.

Today, I decided to do it. Agave is on Boulevard, near the intersection of Memorial Drive in Atlanta, about two miles from downtown. On certain days, if you get there early enough you can get a discount on your food, if you join their membership list.

Well today, wasn't that day for me. But it didn't matter. I got a fish dish, called the Stuff Mountain Trout Tomatino. Oh my gosh. It was stuff with crawfish, mushrooms on top of a bed of spanish rice. I'm not a foodie, so I can't describe the taste on my delicate pallet, but dang that dish was absolutely fabulous. I eat fast when food is good, I eat slow when I enjoy every mouthful. I ate very slow, and immediately moved half my dish over to the side, so I could take it home and have some tomorrow.

The amount was plentiful, the service was great. I'm going to take my wife there. Why? Because that dish has cilantro in it and she won't eat it. That means I will be able to keep it all to myself, when I try it again.

When I got there, it was not a lot of customers. But when I left all of the tables were full.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a seedy looking area but you absolutely cannot let this get in the way of your decision to enjoy Agave. This is truly a Tex-Mex experience, so if you have stomach issues you can ask the chef to tone down the spices; however if you are in love with spice they can turn it up. Everything was good and I had a party of six who all had something different. We sampled everything on every plate.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We were in town just temporarily and decided to try this place out. As we pulled up I was certain I wasn't going to like it. It looks a bit seedy from the outside and there doesn't seem to be sufficient parking. When you walk in you step into awesomeness. We had the ceviche as an appetizer; salmon, steak and meatloaf as main dishes and it was all delicious. The service was quick and attentive. It was a bit loud for a Monday but we dealt with it. Great spot.