“Good pancakes! Wow!”

Ria's Bluebird
Ranked #141 of 3,924 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Grant Park
Atlanta, GA
“Good pancakes! Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'd only been to Ria's Blubird once, after someone told me they had good pancakes. They were right, the pancakes were delicious. However, I haven't gone back since, because I didn't think you got enough food for the price paid. No matter, how good they are, they are still fried dough and I remember feeling the price was too hight.

Visited April 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Awesome breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Local freinds have taken me here twice now and, other than the location being a little out of the way, this has to be one of the bet breakfast places I've ever been to.
The staff is very friendly and accomodating and the food is fantastic.
Pancakes are awesome and my friend always gets the brisket soup with egg.
I will definitely stop in whenever I'm in town and get the chance.

• Visited March 2013
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Banana pancake heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This local spot was fantastic for a late breakfast with a friend, but the atmosphere was welcoming for couples and families. With breakfast served all day, your options are plentiful. The shortstack of pancakes with caramelized bananas was filling and fantastic. The bacon was crispy and chewy, a feet not many restaurants can achieve and the coffee was strong but not bitter nor overcooked. Get your name on the list as soon as you arrive. A 1030 weekday breakfast had a short wait time, but the lunch line started building up by 1145. Buy local and support this fantastic little eatery.

Visited April 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Pancake Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

These must have been the best pancakes I ever had in my life. They have to be using some type of secret ingredients. They come with maple syrup. All I can say is delicious, delicious, delicious.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Sunday Morning, Crowded, Indifferent Service, 25 Minute Wait, But Great Pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went to Ria's because the NY Times declared their pancakes to be the "best in the America" (although this would be pretty difficult to determine I think). Anyway, it was the Sunday morning following a special overnight hotel stay in Buckhead in celebration of my birthday. My husband and I decided to forgo the convenience of breakfast served in our suite in order to partake in the 'best pancakes in America". We waited 25 minutes (outside!) in very cold weather (it was snowing actually). But when we were finally invited inside, we were seated at the counter (terrible backless stools) where upon we waited 10 minutes for a "hot" cup of 'much needed' coffee (for some reason they served us cold coffee on the first pass). In the end we decided it was worth the 'adventure' because the pancakes were exceptional. But be warned, this place has the feel of another much sought after hot spot in town called Taqueria Del Sol (which I have dubbed the 'Taco Nazis' - borrowed from Seinfeld's episode featuring a gifted but rabid soup chef who for the slightest altercation on the part of a customer would refuse service screaming "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"). Like Taqueria Del Sol, Ria's Bluebird Cafe exercises very strict and indifferent crowd control (supported by indifferent food service - the kind that makes you feel like you're annoying the server if you ask for something). But if you have a hot menu item like "the best pancakes in America" then I suppose you can forgo friendly service and hospitality. We'll go back (but probably not on a Sunday morning...and definitely not in winter weather).

• Visited March 2013