“Good food in a convenient downtown location”

Max Lager's Wood-Fired Grill & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Lager's Wood-Fired Grill & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 4,021 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Two blocks south of Civic Center Marta Station on West Peachtree Street. Two blocks north of Peachtree Center Marta Station on Peachtree Street.
Description: Max Lager's was one of the first restaurants to bring the fresh and natural wood-fired menu concept to Atlanta. The art of cooking with wood enhances the Max Lager's experience with bold flavors simply not found with alternative cooking methods. We feel that the investment made in the wood-fired grill pays great dividends to our guests. All Max Lager's menu items are prepared daily from scratch. Wood-fired steaks, burgers, seafood, ribs, and pizza are Max Lager's signature items. An inspired selection of entree salads and pastas add variety to the American menu. Max Lager's is the oldest brewpub in Georgia, opening in March 1998. Many of Max Lager's house brewed beers have won major awards including two awards at the Great American Beer Festival in Colorado. Max Lager's offers a full bar, wines, local and national craft beers, with a 32 tap draft system in our upstairs bar highlighting a selection of the best craft beers. If you are looking flavorful food and drinks in a warm and inviting atmosphere - Max Lager's is the place to be! Cheers.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Although I am not a pub fan, I went here for the food & was not disappointed. The fried chicken breast was an unusual & flavorful choice. The chicken was so moist & deliciously seasoned & was served over an interesting concoction of down-home foods: mashed potato/greens/corn. My simple "dessert" was outstanding: a root beer float, featuring vanilla ice cream & wonderful house brewed root beer. The employees are friendly & the location is perfect for people staying in downtown hotels.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Visited at dinner. Large hamburgers and good french fries. I had the veggie lasanga which was excellent. Wide selection of beers and wines

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I were invited here by some friends who were in town from California. They chose it because it was within walking distance from the downtown hotel. Parking a little tough in the nearby nights on weekend nights. Nice inside for a pub type of restaurant. Food was very good and our server was great. We'll be back again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I went for a lunch on a Saturday afternoon and found the restaurant almost empty. The food was excellent, and there was a decent variety of items on the menu. The prices were reasonable, and they make quite a few delicious beers. Make sure to check out the upstairs, they have large brewing equipment which is interesting to look at and a couple of pool tables which were (I believe) free to use, since all the balls and cues were laying around.

The service was quick and friendly. My only complaint (and it is slight) is that I ordered my burger medium-rare and it had a warm grey center (I would call that medium-well). That being said it was still delicious!

Max Lager's is a very short walk from the downtown hotels, Georgia Aquarium, and Coca-Cola world. So whether you are staying locally or just visiting for the day, check it out.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had made a reservation for my party way in advance, and I am really glad that I did! The place was very crowded. It took a few minutes for me to make my way to the hostess, but once I did she seated us immediately. (We got a lot of dirty looks from all the people waiting....:-) ) The service was outstanding. The food was delicious. Very cool place.