“Great appetizers”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Pretty good food. The appetizers are incredible.
We ordered the chicken fajita nachos, surfer pizza, and queso.
All of them great. I was pleasantly surprised. Appetizers aren't usually that good. I could have just been satisfied with these alone.

I had the tacos. I ordered the fried chicken taco and the jerk taco. The jerk taco was okay, but the fried chicken taco was very good with the chipotle sauce. My wife ordered the Cuban sandwich, which wasn't very good. Guess if you're at a mexican restaurant, you should stick with the classics. lol

The service was less than desirable, but we had a group of about 7 people, so we were able to easily keep each other entertained between the lag times that the server was gone.

My recommendation would be to just go for the appetizers and drinks. I think you'll certainly be pleased with this combination.

1  Thank Coty E
There are newer reviews for Frogs Cantina

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Frogs Cantina offers way above average Mexican fare. We really enjoyed the top shelf margarita's and chicken burrito's. The service was friendly and fast, and the atmosphere was comfortable. The restaurant is LGBT welcoming and they even have a rainbow flag on the wall over the TV. Prices are very affordable. Trader Joe's is next door and if you go past TJ's and down the steps you'll find the Midtown Arts movie theater. The cab fare for 2 from downtown was only $15.00.

1  Thank Sherri D
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have eaten here many times and due to the lcation keep going back. Especially love to frequent Trader oes afye lunch at the Frogs.
I try to try something new each visit. Lve the fish tacos. But IREALLYlove the poatoe dish that is made with nacho toppings. So yummy....very good margarettas but the bill always catches me by surprise.

1  Thank mt6820
Reviewed April 5, 2012

WE liked the atmosphere, the service was great. We liked the one-dollar beer specials since it included a pint can of PBR. The two dollar Taco specials sere just so-so. The chips and salsa weRE very good. But we were shocked to get the bill for our Skinny-rita's at nine dollars a pop!!! They were served in beer glasses and there was nothing exciting about them, even if they did have a green straw. This venue( Just a step or two up from a dive) doesn't rate that kind of price for a drink like that... The patio was nice, but the drink prices were not.

1  Thank SixcDogTeam
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This little neighborhood is a great cantina! It's located in the shopping center of where Trader Joe's is in Midtown. We ate a late lunch here after a 3 buck chuck stop in Trader Joes. I had a BBQ chicken quesadilla. It was something different. You get to choose your tortilla, your meats - grilled, fried or bbq chicken, fish, grilled or fried, beef and steak for whatever your texmex poison. Hubby had a fried fish taco, and a steak taco, both soft. He enjoyed those but al la carte, got yummy black beans, too. Others got to choose their own burritos filled to their own tastes. I had a white sangria which was perfect for the late afternoon. Prices are very reasonable. Service was very attentive and had a great attitude. We're glad we opted for a local joint over some suburban chain establishment on our way back home 2 hours away.

1  Thank maximac222

Been to Frogs Cantina? Share your experiences!