“One of my favorites”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I don't remember how many years ago I discovered Surin. Until I retired I ate there at least every other week. I went the other evening after not being there for 2 years. I promise it won't be another 2!
Surin is my litmus test for Thai food. There are other Thai restaurants that have more variety, others that might be more authentic, and others that have better ambiance. But Surin has one of my 5 favorite meals of all-time. I start with their fresh basil rolls. Plump, made to order and plenty of basil. I have NEVER had a better Tom Kai Gai (Coconut Chicken Soup). It is rich, smooth with just the right balance of sweet and spice, and enough chicken and mushrooms to be make it delectable. And then the Chicken Masaman. Their version is one of my comfort foods. Tender chunks of chicken, plenty of cashews, and slices of avocado in an absolutely delicious Masaman curry sauce. No potatoes or pieces of onion in their version. From my first mouthful to scraping the bowl I am in foodie heaven. Over the years I have had just about everything on their menu and never been disappointed. But I keep coming back for the Chicken Masaman and Tom Kha Gai.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We don't mind to drive till Virginia Highlands for the best Thai food in Atlanta Metropolitan area,
Lamb is always served delicious!

1  Thank mexicanvisit
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Surin of Thailand is a long-standing staple for me on lazy Saturday afternoons. Service is always great and the Thia-fusion menu is inspired!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Always friendly & fast service. The food is always delicious, especially the chicken panang & chicken coconut soup! Great ambience & prices!

1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is always tasty. I enjoy going during lunch. They are fast and the food is always to my liking.