“Great Italian Food, Lovely part of town”
Review of Sotto Sotto

Neighborhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Elizabeth
Transit: MARTA East Line
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food here was excellent, and in a very charming part of town. As visitors to Atlanta we searched "best italian food in Atlanta" and came up with this restaurant. We started with the clams, then had Nudi Ravioli (spinach gnocchi) and the Lasagna, all wonderful. For dessert we had the chocolate soup. I saw mixed reviews and would agree it is a love it or leave it proposition. We were divided at our table - just be aware it is a strong, dark chocolate flavor bordering on unsweetened. The seating is very cramped so it took a bit of the romance out of the experience as your conversations are not private. There is a lovely patio that is more spread out however.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I go to Atlanta for business at least three times per year, and every time I go, I try to to here once on the trip with my friend who is a local and loves this place. The menu is creative, the atmosphere is wonderful, the wine list reasonable, the service is attentive without being overbearing and the food is very good. I recommend it for a business dinner, a night out with friends as well as a romantic dinner.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is small and well-decorated but most importantly has wonderful, authentic Italian food served in a fine-dining atmosphere. Pasta is all made in-house and the risotto and fish were superb. Lovely for a special evening out.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Six of us went for a celebratory dinner and I at least came away very satisfied by the experience. This is a neighbourhood restaurant in relatively understated, tasteful, premises which has established an excellent reputation amongst various guides and Atlanta's dining out population. We were there on a Wednesday evening and the place was busy and bustling. It's quite a formal restaurant in some ways but it isn't a large one so there is the hum of conversation and a sense of activity which wasn't entirely without intrusiveness; certainly the tables are packed in and at least some of our party felt temporarily overpowered by a particularly fulsome and egocentric customer at an adjacent table. Luckily that table emptied quickly enough and I was more or less oblivious whilst focusing on the excellent food.

The food was authentically enough Italian and the wine list exclusively so. This is traditional Italian food with a slightly refined edge but retaining some of the rusticity. I had a generous anti pasto with a mixture of meats, cheeses, olives and vegetables and followed it with roast fish, in this case a Mediterranean bream which was good although almost certainly farmed. Most of the others had pasta with the pappardelle and duck getting major approval and the strozzapreti receiving a thumbs up too. A first course of scallops also drew admiring noises. The wine list was entirely Italian and tended towards the expensive with the upper end of Brunellos excessively so and a test of financial virility. At the bottom end there was little or nothing below $30 and a glass of Sicilian nero d'avola came in at $10. However these are prices you expect in high end restaurants even though they bear no relation to normal retail charges. Without the drinks the food was expensive but not exorbitant and I left feeling we had eaten very well, drunk some decent wine and been agreeably served in a lively setting.

I would definitely go back there and I would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had dinner recently at Sotto Sotto with 4 business colleagues when we were in town for a convention. What a wonderful meal! Everything about our meal was just about perfect and there wasn't a single complaint at our table. The wine list is excellent and I LOVED the option to order first course sized entrees. It allowed me to have room for a salad and dessert with no leftovers that would get wasted. I chose the beet salad, spaghetti del Pescatore and for dessert, chocolate soup. That's right, chocolate soup--rich, heavy and amazing. Sotto Sotto is lovely inside, sleek and comfortable. It's busy but we were able to chat comfortably without having to shout so it's appropriate for business as well as personal dining. The small bar area was hopping during our meal with what looked to be young professionals enjoying Happy Hour. I really loved this place and highly recommend.