“Great night in Atlanta”
Review of La Tavola

La Tavola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tavola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 4,013 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N. Highland Avenue
Description: La Tavola is a classic, cozy Italian trattoria located in Atlanta's famous Virginia Highland neighborhood featuring exposed brick, dark wood floors, rustic colors and an open exhibition kitchen. The restaurant features an extensive wine list, classic dishes made from the finest traditional ingredients and approachable, friendly service. Perfect for family gatherings, romantic dinners or just a quick, yet satisfying, bite at the bar, here you will always feel welcomed and at home around our table.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was in for business from Chicago escaping the frigid climate of snow and a polar vortex. It was 70 degrees that evening and the food, service, wine, and atmosphere was fantastic.
I had the Veil but I could not tell you what it was called.
The service was fantastic. It was fairly easy to get a table on a Thursday night. The waiter was very educated in the menu and even selected a great bottle of wine to go with the dinner.
Parking was very easy as well.
I will be back!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and I must say this was an excellent find. The restaurant is small with lots of charm. And the food is to die for. It's some of the best Italian food I've ever had and I have eaten at some pretty good restaurants across the country. By far, this is the best Italian restaurant in Atlanta. My wife had the duck and it was nothing short of amazing. I had the spaghetti and meatballs and the meatballs are to die for. And the past was wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quiet meal at a great Italian restaurant.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Service, food, wine, atmosphere, location, staff--- amazing!!! Hands down one of the best experiences I have had in a restaurant in recent memory. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu as it is all freshly prepared in their open kitchen. The mushroom ragu and the kale ravioli are outstanding. We ended with a dessert sampler that we will be talking about for months. When in Atlanta make your way to this gem, ask for Jennifer to be your server and let the games begin!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Truly delicious Italian fare...and not your usual variety. You can order "spaghetti and meatballs" (which are authentically prepared), but why would you when there are tasty options like Ravioli stuffed with braised wild boar, mushroom tagliatelle, a house cured salumi board, and delicious hand crafted cocktails on the menu? Our service was perfectly friendly -- and overly accommodating even when we miscommunicated on an appetizer order. This, coupled with the complimentary valet parking (always difficult in Virginia Highlands) ensures that we will be back. If you're looking for a restaurant with lots of elbow room...keep looking, but otherwise -- make this one in your top list of Italian options. Brava!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This restaurant just never fails. Everything about it is wonderful. It's small and intimate, so sometimes reservations can be hard, but the food, drink, and service are among the best in the city.