“Vortex is delicious. ”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

You might want to see a doctor after this meal. This place is delicous and brings so many good things in one bite. A definite must taste while in Atlanta. We had originally gone to the other Vortex to discover that the parking was a paid lot to some characters - not interested. Here the parking is on the street and although paid, less shady. The smoking people are encountering is not something I encountered here during lunch time. Food was also coming out faster than expected. Best bonus: NO KIDS!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

DELICIOUS!!! We went around 11pm after a show and were quickly seated. Our waiter Darius was wonderful!! He answered our questions and helped us to make our decisions on the extensive menu. We decided to take our burgers to go and he got us a cab so that our burgers wouldn't get cold during the walk back to hotel. Very good service!! Delicious!! Chose a Double Coronary Bypass and the Fat Elvis to split so we could try both. Bypass was delicious! Elvis was interesting. Both burgers were cooked to perfection! There aren't words to describe the deliciousness that is the Cheesy-cheese goo - try it. We cant wait to go back and this will be a staple for sure anytime we are in Atlanta.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is one of my favorite neighborhood joints. The burgers are good and the beer is cold. The staff is great. Its a must do if you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

When you have fun reading the menu, you know you're in a cool place. The food was really good but the atmosphere was what was awesome. From the names of the food to the decorations and general vibe of the restaurant, I will definitely go back when I am next in Atlanta. Really good prices too!

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Be forewarned: THIS PLACE ALLOWS SMOKING!! When I left, I was so stuffed up, I could barely breathe! But, I loved the variety of burgers at the vortex. It seems a though a lot of thought was put into the development of new and interesting burgers, all of which sound delicious! In particular, the big bad voodoo patty, the four horsemen, and the new orleans burger! Mmm! Also, there are a few traditional choices and a few 'coronary' choices, a veggie burger, chicken burger, and a turkey burger. Over all, very good menu. I took away one star bc my turkey burger patty was not very good. Not sure how they prepared it but it was not cohesive at all. It crumbled on me. :-(