“Fun place to eat”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 6, 2013

and the guacamole burger was delish!
We started with the Mac And Cheese Chimi, which I would definitely order again.
21 and up - the menu was an entertaining read.
Go and enjoy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The first time I was too scared. The second time I was too sick. But on my THIRD visit to Atlanta (and The Vortex) I had my Big Fat Elvis Burger.

Peanut butter, bananas, bacon, and cheese on a burger?! It works. It works sooooo well.

I absolutely love this place and I can guarantee that EVERY time I go to Atlanta I will go to The Vortex. The service is always great, non-pretentious, with delicious food and no kids (I'm a father of TWO). So awesome.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This eatery has received a lot of press for its wonderful burgers. This was my second time there and my partners first time. We were seated beside a Waiter's Station near the front and Kyle was our waiter. When he came to our table, he didn't introduce himself. He didn't ask us any questions about if it was our first time there or made any food suggestions. He didn't play up how famous the eatery was. We feel he didn't try to connect with us and we were visiting from out of town.

My partner and I ordered the Double Coronary Bypass Burger and a side of sweet-tater waffle fries. We added mushrooms and changed the cheese from american to cheddar. We shared the burger. Well, when the burger came out, no mushrooms and no cheddar cheese. The burger was cooked perfectly and the fries were awesome! A sweet sauce was served on the side with the fries. The sauce is similar to the glaze at Krispy Kreme Donuts.

We were less impressed with our waiter. Here's what Kyle didn't do:
1. Introduce himself
2. Make eye contact with us
3. Input our order correctly nor asked us if everything was okay when it came out
4. Give us utensils without us asking for them
5. Check on us after our food came out nor refreshed our drinks
6. Serve us from the front of our table; he handed us our ticket from the Waiter's Station. How disrespectful was that?

My partner said Kyle could've been having a bad day, but he works in hospitality. He should've done better.

We loved the environment and the African American guy at the front. He was friendly and polite. Our experience with Kyle will not keep us from returning. However, I left him a message on our ticket with some sound advise and informed him I was going to write a review.

If you're in Atlanta, please make the Vortex a stop on your list. You will not regret it. It's an adult atmosphere and you're going to love the decor and the food. Take lots of pictures.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

You should preorder a defibrilator for dessert. These are serious burgers w an artery clogging punch. The fried plantains were fab.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel I stayed at recommended this restaurant to me. My hamburger was excellant and the service was very friendly. Just a note, no children are allowed in restaurant. I would eat here again. Had the Red Velvet cupcake for dessert and itwas very good.