“Old Time Atmosphere with Good Food”
Review of Majestic Diner

Majestic Diner
Ranked #510 of 3,977 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Poncey-Highland
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
“Old Time Atmosphere with Good Food”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed nearby in the Inman Park neighborhood, and walking into this diner felt like walking into the 50's. The counter had stools with seats that were only about 2 feet above the floor. The font used on the lighted signs was nostalgic.
The food met our standards. We enjoy diners, and this one stepped to the top with its atmosphere, but the food did not disappoint. My wife had fish one night - one of the few places we could find that served fish that wasn't fried. It was grilled and she enjoyed it very much. The fries were large cut fries - the way I like them. (We ate there twice and both times found it very good, and reasonable.)
Parking is available on the street or in the strip center across the street. Service was friendly and attentive. And best of all, they are open all night.

• Visited August 2013

Senoia, GA
“The ultimate diner...”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Today my wife and I stepped once again into the Wayback Machine and landed in the Majestic...Neither of us had been there in years and years and since it is now a 60 mile trip one-way, we had high hopes...The Majestic never fails us...My wife had the French toast with bacon and eggs and coffee...Three huge pieces of Texas toast with just the right amount of cinnamon soon arrived with bacon cooked to order and two large deep-orange yolked eggs just over-easy, all for $10.39...I ordered the Eggs Rancheros ala Majestic with chorizo sausage, served with two flour tortillas, black beans, salsa and sour cream for $9.99...My wife deemed the French toast to be excellent, and I tasted the bacon and have to say it was great!...My Eggs Rancheros was wonderful, the salsa was some of the best I have ever had and the chorizo was so good, I am calling them back to find out what kind it is...I have to have more!...Our waitress was very friendly and always there when we needed a refill on coffee...Open 24 hours, The Majestic is an institution that has never failed us...

• Visited July 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“"Food that Pleases"”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The sign says it all! We arrived in Atlanta at on odd time - too late for lunch - too early for dinner,,,then we saw the sign "food that pleases"...food, service & prices were very good and we'd go back a hundred times before considering a chain restaurant!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Steve R
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Never Again--does this place even have a manager?”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Can I make it zero stars? I grew up in the area and the Majestic is a landmark. Not great food (it is a diner, after all) but decent food at a decent price with good people-watching. And not great service (again, it is a diner) but reasonably fast service with--if not a smile--at least a howdy.

No more. My fiance took me to breakfast at the Majestic this morning because I wanted pancakes. He ordered a two-cheese omelet and my son said "I'll have the same as him." So when another waitress brought two omelets to the table and I saw that one had a toothpick in it, I knew something was up before she asked who had the cheddar and who had the American. We told her they should both have both. She sighed and said "We'll remake them." First waitress came back and said "This one does have cheddar and American. The other one will be up in a minute." I said we'd appreciate a "sorry for the mix up." She glared at me and walked away without a word. So at that point we walked away, too.

Fiance called and asked to speak to the manager. When he got to the part about the waitress glaring at me and walking away, the manager HUNG UP ON HIM!

There are a lot of better options for the same price within a mile or two. The only reason to go to the Majestic is if it's two a.m. and you're drunk enough not to care about bad service.

• Visited May 2013
Fairport, New York
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after doing a 3 hour bike tour of Atlanta. It was your typical diner style restaurant. We were told to sit anywhere and sat at the counter. The waitress was friendly and gave us suggestions for things to do for the rest of the afternoon. The food was really good and the portions were huge.

Our hotel only offered muffins for breakfast, so we decided to go back to the Majestic for breakfast the next day. Again, we sat where we wanted, kids at the counter and my husband and I at a booth. The food was good again and huge portions.

Though I thought the prices were a little high for a diner. Our lunch was $50 and our breakfast was about $45. That seems kind of high in my opinion. But you did get a lot of food for the money.

I would most likely go back if I am ever in Atlanta again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Vicki C

Been to Majestic Diner? Share your experiences!