“I call it "My second home"”
Review of Apres Diem

Apres Diem
Ranked #5 of 50 Coffee & Tea in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been going to Apres Diem even before it was called Apres Diem, in fact, before they moved to their current location, they were called Café Diem. It all come to the basics, a restaurant owner who gives it all to his restaurant, Andy will always be there, running around, checking that everything is good, greeting to people and making new friends on the way.
If you are a local, you know this is a must go place, you will always find someone you know, this is why we always say "don't take a date there" :).
Food is very good, I have had everything on their menu, and my favorite is always the mussels, with a nice glass of house wine, that is priced just right.
This is a restaurant you can go anytime of the day, any day of the week, simple, modern, with an ethnic touch given by the people that work there and most important the guests of the restaurant.
Music plays all the time, and always good beats for anyone.
You see children, young people, older people, from any walks of life.
Somehow at Apres Diem, you will always feel like home, I know I do.

There are newer reviews for Apres Diem

Reviewed June 14, 2013

First of all, this restaurant is located in a strip mall, which made me a bit apprehensive at first. But once inside, it had a really great, classy atmosphere. We came for dinner, but this is also a good place to just have drinks, appetizers or dessert. For a Saturday evening, I was surprised that we were able to be seated right away on their patio, as they seemed pretty busy. The food was great, and despite being busy, the service was really attentive as well.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have visited this restaurant several times while waiting to go to a movie. The service has always been extremely slow and this visit was no exception. My party arrived at the restaurant about an hour and a half prior to the start time of the movie. It took about 45 minutes to get an appetizer and a drink, then another 15 minutes or so for the entree.

The food is mediocre and the atmosphere is uninteresting.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went here while traveling on business and looking for a good place to grab a bite in midtown. I wasn't sure quite what to expect and came away very impressed. When I heard it was tucked back in a strip mall, my expectations were low and again exceeded. The patio was a great spot to catch sunset on a nice spring evening.

We started with different apps and tapas. The toasted goat cheese was probably my favorite, while the cold plate (cheese and meats) was nice as well. I had lamb as my entree and was impressed - which is no easy feet for a Mediterranean such as myself. The bill was definitely reasonable - a great value for the quality of food that we ate. Very impressed, would definitely return again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The restaurant is excellent for brunch. We took outdoor seating as it was a nice sunny day . The servers are really friendly . Excellent service. The owner himself takes care of the guests. the place was buzzing with people at 2 pm on a sunday afternoon. The food was really nice worth the price !!