Review of Atmosphere

Reserve with OpenTable
Atmosphere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 4,050 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Excellent Place really love it , amazing ambiance and food

1  Thank basel_8ksa

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The food was delicious. My salad was fresh and crisp with a delightful restaurant. The trout was cooked to perfection. The rolls were crusty on the outside, and warm and soft in the middle. The only downside was the service was slow. When I got up to ask about our dinners, the manager blamed us because one member of our party had to take a 10 minute call. The whole experience made me smile. I truly felt like I was eating in Paris with that legendary French attitude.

2  Thank dandukedad
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Overall, we agree with all the reviews stating how great the place is. Everything about Atmosphere made for a great night: intimate settings, excellent service, and amazing food. We ordered the beet salad and the charcuterie plate as starters, and the duck confit and the mussels as entrees. Everything was perfect and genuine to French cuisine, without the usual price tag that comes with it (prices are very reasonable). We finished with sharing the apple pie--wonderful. And the wine list makes for the insurance of finding the perfect pairing to the food and your mood. We had only one night in Atlanta, and we were thrilled that we spent that dinner at Atmosphere.

2  Thank DJinNashville
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The restaurant I am reviewing is actually called Atmosphere Bistro in Atlanta, Georgia.

The atmosphere is cozy and charming, much like one hope would hope for in a French restaurant. The owner is French, and the employees speak the language as well. They welcome any attempts at conversing in French (:

The wine list was very good and the prices not unreasonable. We had a very nice bottle of Bordeaux for $50, which could be had by the glass for $14.

Before I get into the food itself, I want to say to bread and butter lovers, mon Dieu! Delicious warm French bread served with a rich and creamy butter. The kind you could eat all night long with nothing more than a glass of wine to accompany it and end up fully sated.

But the menu was one that was delightful to contemplate because everything looked so good. My husband could not get past the appetizers, and indeed ending up ordering three appetizers in lieu of an entree. He had the escargot, which he said was perfectly flavored, garlic just right and not overpowering. The carpaccio de boeuf with shaved Parmesan he had was very good also, and he enjoyed the frogs' legs and accompanying tartar sauce very much.

For an appetizer, I chose the seared duck foie gras served with Brioche toasted bread,sliced fresh apple, white port and truffle honey reduction. It was quite different from any foie gras I have ever had, and though I might not order it again, it was a good experience. Squab on a bed of risotto with peas and prosciutto was their special that evening, and it was an incredible combination of tastes. The crème brûlée was as good as crème brûlée should be, though not exceptional.

What was exceptional was the service provided by our server, Mark. The owner came over to chat for a moment, and he was very gracious. We did not feel rushed; in fact, we felt pampered.

I would suggest a reservation. It was quite crowded when we got there, but we were seated at exactly the time we reserved.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Very good French restaurant neat Piedmont Park. We had the Mussels for an appetizer and they were cooked just right with a very tasty sauce. We then had the Duck Confit and the Scallops. The Confit was wonderful, the duck just fell off the bone and the potatoes that came on the side were very similar to croquettes with a wonderful crunch on the outside (almost as if they were cooked in some of the duck fat from the confit). The Scallops were also quite delicious but would not have been hurt by a little more flavor in the sauce that accompanied them. We then capped it all off with the Creme Brûlée. Incredible! It was in a wide shallow ramequin so you got that fantastic crunch with every bite! Overall, it was a wonderful experience (we sat on the patio, nice to see the hustle and bustle but a little noisy) and would recommend stopping there while in the Atlanta area.

2  Thank brittanywat