“Great Location, Service and Food was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wisteria

Wisteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Wisteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,924 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Colquitt
Description: Wisteria features cuisine that is contemporary American with a Southern twist and is named a top romantic restaurant in Georgia.
Atlanta, GA
“Great Location, Service and Food was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took my wife here after reading the reviews about the restaurant. I made reservations and after arriving 20 minutes early we were immediately seated. I had told them we were there for my wife's birthday so they sat us at a table by the window. The server was always available and kept checking on us. We had some Salmon Tartar for our appetizer and it was good. We also had some wine and I also had a nice Martini which was very good. Our main courses were the shrimp and grits and the southern fried chicken with collard greens and cornbread. Both dishes were cooked perfect and had a lot of flavor. After leaving for the evening we drove through the Inman Park neighborhood and enjoyed seeing all of the historic homes.

• Visited May 2013

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Go if you get a chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint, From the service to the food we were not disappointed.

Had a nice wine selection, we had the steak and the pork tenderloin and both were very good.

The atmosphere was pleasant and the wait staff was really good.

We will go back the next time we are in Atlanta.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Terrific food. Way too loud.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Food was awesome. My steak was like butter and my macaroni and cheese may be the best I've ever had. My wife's salmon was over a fresh apple salad. The desserts are "little bites" and you choose 1, 3 or 6. Three was more than enough for my wife and I. The chocolate tart and Mexican ice cream was delicious.
Here's the bad part: The restaurant is WAY too LOUD! It is the loudest restaurant of this class we have ever been in. We are talking, can't hear your wife sitting across from you, guys yelling and guys high-fiving loud! It is really unfortunate.

• Visited May 2013
Bakersfield, California
“The Best Dining in Atlanta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just returned to California from a week's visit to Atlanta. Had dinner twice at Wisteria this trip! Once was just not enough! The mussels are always a favorite and the chef has mastered this dish... easily shared because of the generous portion. The Deviled Eggs paired with pickled okra and pecans gives this 'standard' a southern twist. Every entree I have chosen, this trip and those in the past, has been a unique "taste" experience. Ingredients are fresh, and pairings of textures and flavors are exceptional. The "Small Bite Desserts" is a fun way to end a leisurely dining experience. The staff is knowledgeable and attentive, without being intrusive. The only drawback is the noise level as the evening progresses. So I usually make an early reservation on a week night.

1 Thank ToniW5
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Based on reviews on Trip Advisor, I booked a table at Wisteria last week. I was attending a conference in Atlanta and needed to arrange a meal for some visiting senior managers - and as I had never been in Atlanta before, I was very worried about booking a restaurant of which I had no personal experience.

We were a party of 5 and we arrived on Thursday night at just before 8. The restaurant was full and buzzing - but even though it was noisy, we could still hold a conversation around our table in comfort.

Our waiter, whose name I didn't get, was fantastic. He really "sold" the specials with his enthusiasm and knowledge, and he also suggested great wine options to accompany each course.

I really wanted to try "southern" food, so I had the crab cakes to start and codfish for main course - both were fabulous. My colleagues all had different options, and all were delighted with their choices. We couldn't decide what we wanted for desert, so we went for six (or maybe it was seven?) to share between us, and again, everything was beautiful.

Sorry I can't be more specific about the details - but everything was great, so whatever you choose you will be in for a treat.

The service was perfect - just attentive enough to make us feel "looked after" and not too attentive as to be intrusive. We left the restaurant at about 11pm, by which time we were the last guests, but we certainly didn't feel rushed or encouraged to leave, in fact we were only really aware that we were the last people when we got up from the table.

The waiter organised a cab for us to get back to our hotel, which is just as well because this restaurant is in the middle of a residential area (or it appeared to be to me) so the chances of just hailing a cab were low.

So, if you are thinking of visiting Atlanta, I would strongly recommend you choose this restaurant for at least one evening - you won't just happen across it, so you will need to choose it, but it is so worth your while.

1 Thank mammyof2