“Excellent”
Review of Wisteria

Wisteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Wisteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Colquitt
Description: Wisteria features cuisine that is contemporary American with a Southern twist and is named a top romantic restaurant in Georgia.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service! Nice wine list. Make reservations though. Been there twice and not disappointed either time. Very comfortable atmosphere away from the downtown tourist areas. Then walk around the neighborhood on Highland.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We've driven past Wisteria a hundred times and said "we really need to try that place." Well, we finally did just that and I'm pleased to report it was awesome.

We attended a function prior to dinner that served appetizers, so we didn't go all out, but what we did order was exceptional. We arrived a few minutes early, so we kicked things off with a glass of pinot grigio and a super tuscan at the bar, which was slammed.

After a short wait we were seated and our server went over the specials. The North Carolina flounder sounded very good, as did the North Atlantic Skate Wing. We like to get different things so we can share, so flounder for him, skate for me. Skate is one of my most favorite things and very few restaurants serve it, so it was a treat to see it on the menu.

The flounder was served on a bed of greens - very tasty. And my skate wing was fantastic. It was pan seared with lemon and brown butter, grits (love my grits) and asparagus. At $20 for the entree, it's a heck of a value.

The only downside was that it was a bit noisy and as a result, not super romantic, but that's ok ... the food good, very good.

We will be back for black eyed pea hummus, pimento cheese deviled eggs, duck sausage and fried chicken! Thank you for a delicious dinner!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just had dinner at Wisteria and could not wait to write my review. First let me recommend this restaurant it deserves a visit.

The service was outstanding, Mitchell our waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu items and specials for the day. The special was Sole which I had as my entree and it was amazing. It came with a ham infused sauce but since I don't eat pork and asked for another sauce and the Sous Chef made a lemon Vinaigrette sauce, simply delightful. My wife had the All Natural Iron Skillet Fried Chicken with bacon braised collard greens with sweet corn pudding and mushroom-herb broth. She substituted asparagus for the bacon braised collard greens. She was very pleased with her selection. I tasted the chicken it was very moist and flavorful, the sweet corn pudding had great texture and consistency.

We closed our meal with two desserts the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Bourbon Sauce and Bread Pudding 'Traditional Style' with Bourbon Sauce. The Carrot Cake was average, something you can get anywhere; the Bread Pudding on the other hand is worth a special visit just to order this dessert. I ordered seconds, it was that good. I will admit they are mini desserts but it was delicious. I'll end with my wife's comments: honey, we've got to come back here soon. Great restaurant; good food and a cozy atmosphere.

1  Thank Curtis T
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was in town with 4 business associates to conduct training and wanted to share southern cooking and hospitality with them. Having left Atlanta almost 30 years ago, I checked out several of the places I remembered from my youth only to learn that they either no longer existed or their reputation had greatly declined. Trip advisor ranked Wisteria as number 6 and as it was fairly close and the 5 above them did not really look like they had much in the way of southern cooking we chose Wisteria. The food was incredible and the service was excellent. Highly recommend you try the deserts that are served more or less like a sample platter. We all had different entrees and everyone commented on how good their meal was, so it doesn't appear you can make a bad selection. Black-eyed pea humus was a great starter as well. We got there fairly early (6:30) and getting a table was easy. Looks like the downtown Atlanta crowd starts in shortly thereafter filling the tables by 8:30 or so. Give Wisteria a try, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has some really good food. My wife and I loved our appetizers and entrées. We both thought the desserts didn't look appetizing enough to make them worth trying and ended up going elsewhere for dessert.

The location could be better. It's in a bit of a run down looking area. Parking is valet only as are many Atlanta restaurants. The restaurant doesn't stand out as being a nice place and blends in with the not so good area. The inside looks like a basic restaurant with a large area used for the bar and seating that goes with it. If you had no expectations then the quality of the food would be a surprise based on the visuals of the building and its surroundings.

I'd eat here again since the food was good and I saw a few other menu items I'd love to try. I just wish the interior at least had a more fine dining feel to it.