“If you like Chicken for a good price you will love Eats” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Elgin, South Carolina
“If you like Chicken for a good price you will love Eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I lived in Atlanta for many years so I was familiar with Eats. I decided to treat my mom and son here on a business trip weekend. We got right in and there was a moderate crowd. Our food was ready within seconds after ordering. I ordered the 1/2 lemon pepper chicken, broccoli cheese rice casserole and greens. My mom ordered 1/2 BBQ chicken, sweet potato and green beans. The food was good, I couldn't recall if Jerk chicken was to spicy or not but it smelt good. For all of us the price was like $17 or$18 bucks with drinks. We were stuffed. If you are looking for inexpensive, great food than stop by.
Directions to get your food:
1. If you want Pasta look for the signs to your left and stand in that line.
2. If you want chicken, turkey meat loaf, etc. look for the signs to your right.
3. Pick your meat, pick your veggies, order and leave your name.
4. Grab your drink and when you hear your name called pick up your food and find a seat.
(I hate going to restaurants that aren't traditionally set up and I look lost like what do I do? So, hopefully these directions help if not go with the flow of the crowd).

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SuthernBell

Hamburg, Germany
“Cheap and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Friends brought me to that place for have a quick dinner. Food was good, although a bit spicy for me. Had bbq chicken with mac & cheese, green beans and garlic bread. Incl. free refill soft drinks i paid about 10$. The food was ready instantly after order.
If you need to have real "fast food" go to that place. I will go there again.

auburnyellowrose
“Keeping it real with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stopped by after a day at the GA. It was a quiet afternoon - late lunchers/early dinner crowd. We picked up a Lemon Pepper and three and Jerk Chicken Special (rice and beans). I have to say the lp was fantastic! The greens were great and the mac and cheese was amazing. The corn is well corn so nothing good to say on that. My husband said the jerk chicken had bite but not as spicy as he would have thought it to be. Either way, it was enjoyable.

For the newbies/foodies who like off the beaten path places - this is. Don't let the hipsters or the lock your cars and run signs scare you off. Decent place in a decent neighborhood.

Thanks.

• Visited December 2012
Cary, North Carolina
“Glad we went, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Used my TripAdvisor App to locate an eatery on the spur of the moment while with friends in downtown Atlanta. Looking for something good and casual, read the reviews of Eats and decided to give it a try. The restaurant has signs up warning you not to leave valuables in your car. The restaurant is next to a strip shopping center so there is no lack of folks in the general area and once we got there, walked up and got settled, we were quite comfortable. We had the turkey meatloaf which was excellent and quite the healthy portion. If you lean towards vegetarian cuisine, you may find the meat portion overwhelming. That being said, I was not impressed with with green beans or the macaroni and cheese (my sides), nor was anyone at the table impressed with the side of cornbread (too dry) which is why I gave this only an "average" rating. If I went there again, I would one of the Italian dishes a try as the sauce on the meatloaf was very good. Or follow the other reviews and get the jerk chicken. Also, we were two couples. Hubby and I got our food right away. Our friends, however, had to wait quite a while as they had run out of mashed potatoes and had to make more. We were half done eating by the time their food came out.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Jerk Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The meat falls off the bone. Grungey, staffed by hipsters, this place offers plentiful plates and sides for a low price.

Cornbread is tasteless by itself, but is great for soaking up pot liquor.

Visited September 2012