“Large portions, great food, and cheap” 3 of 5 bubbles

Thumbs Up Diner
Ranked #83 of 3,906 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Fourth Ward
Vancouver, Canada
“Large portions, great food, and cheap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The title sums it up. Large portions, lots of variety, cheap and good food. We went on a weekday for breakfast. We spent no more than $25 for two people and it was fast.

Visited December 2012

“Great diner food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Go early morning or after 2PM to avoid long (30 min. and up) waits. My faves are the Fresh catfish with grits and the fluffy pancakes w/ thick cut bacon. The entire menu is pretty good. Ask for real Maple Syrup, its worth the up-charge.

Visited October 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Brilliant Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

It's a small, cash-only place but they have their system down and we only waited about 10 minutes for a table on a Sunday morning about 11 am. Parking is free valet only, but don't forget to tip the valet. The wait staff were very fast, which was really good for us as we had to be at a sporting event by a certain time & they got us fed & out of there with minutes to spare. The food was exceptional. I had a buckwheat waffle with pecans & maple syrup, my husband had the special of smoked chicken omelet with cheese grits and homemade multigrain biscuit. I also got a salad which was extremely fresh & spicy because of the jalapenos. I would definitely go back here the next time I'm in Atlanta. I wish I could go there now!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Perfect lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went for a late lunch after visiting the MLK site and it was great. The food is fresh, not greasy and very affordable. It was perfect!

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Breakfast in Atlanta!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

When I want a good breakfast I go here! I always order the same thing the Sassy Scramble ...scrambled eggs, salmon, and cream cheese!! DOnt forget the chicken sausage and the potatoes with cheese and onions! You will need a nap after this breakfast! If you go on a Sunday be prepared to wait but it is worth it!!

• Visited May 2012