“FOR THE PRACTICAL TRAVELER...”

HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My mom, dad and I just stay here a few nights from Apr 12 - 18, 2014. I was hesitant about writing a review because I honestly wanted this to be a well kept secret. My stay here was awesome, I only wish I was able to stay alittle longer to fully enjoy all the amenities, which included the indoor swiming pool, the well equipped fittness center, the pool table and the outdoor patio with a fire place. But during my short stay, I was able to enjoy the guest laundry room and the FREE parking and the FREE full breakfast buffet. Shout out to breakfast staff memebers, Joyle, Shan and Lydia; who were all extremely pleasant every morning. Joyle and Shan both are the best at the omelet table, they will prepare your omelet just the way you request it and bring it to you with a smile :) If you are a practical traveler and don't go for high end hotels with all the glitter and no real value, you will simply love this one!

Room Tip: I believe the room I stayed in was on the low end of scale, it was a king with a sofa but no pull ou...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank VIOLET J
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Violet J
Thank you for such candid review! AWESOME!!!!! We are so happy to learn that The Hyatt house has become one of your favorite hotels to visit. We are thrilled to know that our team has created such an amazing time for you during your visit to the hotel. I will be certain to share your review with the associates you have mentioned. We hope to see you soon!!

Sincerely

Reviewed April 14, 2014

After reading the reviews and with careful consideration, my daughter and I decided to celebrate her 16th birthday at this location. We arrived an hour before check-in and due to a room being available at the time, we were allowed an early check-in. She and I were very happy about that! After getting our bags up to the room and getting settled in, as an adult, I noticed that there were some areas left untouched by housekeeping. For example, there was a big smear on the side of the refrigerator. I didn't want to make a big deal about that considering that we were there to celebrate her birthday. I didn't want to ruin her "moment". Therefore, I mention it to the front desk. However, I did become very agitated when I unfolded the sofa sleeper to find hair and what seemed to be food particles on the linen. The printed directions advised that the pillow was on the top shelf of the closet. I went to remove it and it also had hair (long red strings) on it visible through the bag. Of course, I couldn't ignore this, so I contacted the front desk. The front desk clerk did apologize and kindly asked me to come get clean linen and that he would ensure management be made aware of the situation and compensate me for the inconvenience. I was irritated that I had been up all day and it was now after midnight, and I have to not only leave my hotel room to go get clean linens, which should have been taken care of to begin with, but I had to also put the linen on the bed! It wasn't his fault and it helped that he was apologetic. The next morning, as I was about to wash my face, I saw a red pubic hair on the washcloth. As you can imagine, I am extremely irritated by this time, because is it a coincidence that the hairs were all the same color? I informed the front desk clerk and she advised that the housekeeping manager would come to my room. She did come, but was completely unapologetic. In fact, she looked as if she didn't know what to say or do in response to the situation. After a long moment of silence, she breaks it with "can I offer you dinner here on us next time you come"? I couldn't believe that she was confident I'd return. First impressions are lasting and nothing was being done to rectify the situation not even empathy on her part. I took pictures the day before and before leaving the room, to show the hotel manager upon checkout. When I got to the front desk I asked to speak with the hotel manager. He invited me into his office to have a seat. I told him the situation and his first response was "we clean all of our linen here". I immediately felt like he was calling me a liar. I showed him the pictures and verbally explained my experience in detail. He didn't apologize nor express concern or empathy. I told him the housekeeping manager didn't apologize and neither had he. I also told him it was prevalent that her lack of empathy was a direct reflection of her superior (him). After 15 minutes of going back and forth he finally asked what would you like to see happen. I advised him that compensation for my inconvenience would be appropriate. He has a housekeeping staff that is paid to put linen on a bed. It wasn't my responsibility to change the linen considering that it should have been done by housekeeping to begin with. I also told him how disgusting for pubic hair to be on the washcloth placed in my room for use. He offered $50 off which I just calculated was 35% off of my stay. I advised him that the fact I had to hold a 10-15 minute conversation about my experience was a bad start to my day of celebrating my daughter's actual day of her birthday. There I was sitting in his office with balloons in my hand holding a conversation about being inconvenienced while he defended his housekeeping staff instead of apologizing and owning the fact that his housekeeping staff dropped the ball. As I was getting up to leave he said "when you come back I can give you a suite". Really? When I come back? The hotel manager and house keeping manager both lacked empathy, did not acknowledge my inconvenience, and therefore did not apologize because they obviously had deemed an apology wasn't warranted. I deemed it arrogant and an insult added on to injury that they would even assume I'd be a second time visitor. As if there aren't other hotels in Atlanta that I could patronize instead of their location. Furthermore, he didn't even offer to put the offer of the suite in writing or send me an email stating the offer. Therefore, I deemed it was consistent with his all of a sudden fake empathy act after I brought it to his attention that he hadn't shown any empathy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank ProudMom1696
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear valued guest:

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 770-541-2960

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This has been one of the best hotel stays we have had in a long time. My husband and I wanted to celebrate our three year anniversary in GA and came to the Hyatt House based on reviews. They were spot on, the hotel still feels brand new and is nicely decorated. The room was spacious and had an at home feel. The staff were exceptionally welcoming and hospitable. The breakfast is delicious, fresh, and hot. No complaints at all, best stay in a very long time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear missbaabaa,

What a picture-perfect review!!!!!! We are extremely happy to learn that you had a wonderful time during your visit to Hyatt house Atlanta Cobb. We appreciate your recognition of our stunning hotel and our team of ambassadors. It is thrilling to hear from guest like you!
Thank you for making our Hyatt your home away from home.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Spent a girls weekend at the Hyatt House and we all had a wonderful time! The location was accessible and easy to find-right off 285. We had a two bedroom suite. The complimentary breakfast was very hardy. It was immaculate and clean complete with a full kitchen. The staff was friendly enough but Carla by far was the most helpful. No matter what time of day, she greeted us with a smile. My only complaint was parking. The parking lot filled up pretty quickly and we were forced to park in the adjoining parking deck. This was a cause of concern since we were ladies returning rather late to a dark parking deck. Hopefully the hotel will put in some safety measures in place to accomodate their future guests who have to park in the parking deck.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank TISAKNOWSBEST

Dear Tisaknowsbest

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Hyatt house. It is always great to hear that our staff was friendly, the room was large and your stay was a positive experience. Regarding your concerns, we do appreciate them as well because they will definitely show us areas for improvement. We have a beautiful property and a very safe area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel was ideal for us. I was taking a 5 day course from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day but then would have to work on the computer from 6:00 - 10:00 pm each night. The hotel was conveniently located near the course as well as the Cumberland Mall and some great restaurants (Rays on the River, 10 Degrees South and Canoe we tried and loved). We were also quite close to an international market where we picked up all our groceries. The layout with the separate bedroom allowed my husband and I stay the week together without running into each other. He is also 6'8" so space is always a consideration when we travel and we both tend to pack a lot of luggage, but storage was not an issue. The king sized bed and over sized shower worked very well for us. The full kitchen was incredibly convenient as we cooked all our weekday meals and I absolutely loved having the island with office chair! This made my evenings working much more comfortable. I am not a breakfast person but appreciated the fresh coffee every morning. The staff were all very pleasant and wished us good morning and evening as we came and went every day. The pool and gym looked great but we didn't have a chance to try them out. Maybe next time!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tanis J

Dear Tanis J,
It is a pleasure to hear that you found our Hyatt House to be such a comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed everything from rooms to our amenities and that we were able to meet all of your needs. We are so happy to learn that you had the opportunity to relax and unwind during your visit to our beautiful hotel. We certainly appreciate your recognition of our ambassadors, we are fortunate to have such good employees. Our pool is astonishing!

We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Don't believe the hype. It might look beautiful and clean but isn't worth staying in a hotel where the staff treat you like an accident and an inconvenience. I'm sitting here with my family 30 minutes after the room is supposed to be ready. No apologies, no sincerity but plenty of attitude. The staff here all seem bothered by guests expectations. Just watched a guest come in and say her car had been run into in the parking lot. No apology just a blank stare by the staff. No it's not ther fault but if your in the hospitality industry how about learning to pretend to like people and have empathy

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Docfinder1
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Docfinder1:

Mark Luther
HYATT houe Atlanta/ Cobb Galleria

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Just returned home from a wonderful stay at the Hyatt house. From day one we were very impress with this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We were greeted each and every time we entered or left the hotel. Two of the staff members we spoke with at the desk were Joy L & Charmaine. Any question or request that was asked of them was answered with a smile and in a timely manner.
Our room was a studio king maintained by Lachelle and it was spotless. The studio king was more than enough room for two people. The bed & beddings were very comfortable, bathroom spacious and the double shades & cordless phone was definitely a plus.
We chose this hotel partly because of the free parking & breakfast. Kudos to the omelet maker, very delicious!
Some of the amenities we didn’t get to use were the patio area with fireplace, indoor pool, exercise room & pool table.
There is nothing negative to say about our stay. Our next stay will definitely be longer than 2 nights.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn_Br
Mark L, Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Carolyn_BR
It is wonderful to hear that you had such a pleasant experience while staying with us. We are especially glad to hear that the service was so good throughout your stay and that the facilities were accommodating to your needs. It would be our pleasure to have you join us for another amusing stay.