“Really great”

HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #19 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here after moving out of my home before moving into a new one. The hotel had been open for about three weeks, and while the staff were still working out a few kinks, they could not have been more welcoming or hospitable. When no one could figure out how to print my PDFs from the complimentary computers, the manager was kind enough to let me print directly from her office computer. They also helped me with shipping boxes to my new home after I got organized. It was the perfect place to stay during a really stressful week. The suites are lovely; you get a full kitchen, living room, bed, and bath decorated in a modern, but tasteful style. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was spotless. There were lots of military families staying at the hotel at the same time; it's a great place if you're being deployed or otherwise in a transitional period and need a place with plenty of room for your family. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sixthgentexan
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! It was wonderful being your home between homes for a while. Thank you, also, for sticking by our side as we worked out all of the kinks while opening! If you, or your family, ever needs a place to stay in Atlanta, you know we will be here waiting with open arms! Enjoy your new home!

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice quite location. Has that new hotel smell!

What a cool place. The night my family arrived there was mist rising from the river in front of the hotel. What a site.

The hotel is very nice with clean modern rooms. Staff was very friendly. Nice mall and restaurants close by. Go to the Aquarium!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the HYATT house Atlanta/ Cobb Galleria! We take pride in our hotel and agree that the mist rising from the river in front of the hotel is a pretty amazing site! We hope the next time you are in the Atlanta area, we will see you again!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Everything in this place is perfect.
Staff were nice,,, room nice also,,,, hotel is very new.
I think the management should do their best to keep it as it should be.

I would go again and again if the level stayed the same.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

We are happy you enjoyed your previous visit! It is our goal and main objective to keep things running as efficiently as they currently are! We are looking forward to your next visit in the Atlanta area!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt House from 07/04/2013-07/07/2013 and loved every minute of it..The room was awesome and i loved the full kitchen that they had..The breakfast was very good i especially loved the smothered potatoes..The staff were very friendly and helpful..The location was good Cumberland Mall was like 2 min away and downtown was about 10 min away..Next time I'm in the ATL i will definitely stay here again.I highly recommend it!!

2  Thank 1979_Meme

We are so pleased to hear about how wonderful your recent visit to our property was! We agree that we have quite an ideal location! We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hyatt House Cobb Galleria, Atlanta Ga

Stayed here on a Sat night, 6-15-13.
Very hard to find. My GPS said the street # didn't exist, but this place is new, and my maps are a few years old. It is on a very major street. I thought I had booked through Hyatt....Apparently, I ended up at a site called Reservation Counter, which I thought was Hyatt. It was listed as HyattReservationCounter.com...beware. When I couldn't find the hotel, I called them, they gave me a number for the hotel....which went straight to voice mail, saying the mailbox was full, and not accepting any messages.
I stopped at a Hyatt Place on the same street, and they gave me directions. I should have printed out the map, and directions before leaving home.
The lobby was very nice, and check in was quick. I requested a quiet area.
I had booked a King for a promo price of $69.31+$8.25 tax, for $77.56 plus a service charge from the Reservation center for a total of $81.72 out the door.-----------
I was assigned rm 301...located at the end of the hallway. Although the room faced Rte 75, and was very close to it, it was fairly quiet....with an occasional loud motor cycle, or car. The AC blower white noise did mask most exterior noise. The interior was very quiet. The AC was an internal unit, not "thru the wall". The thermostat read a couple degrees warmer than it really was.
The room had a fully equipped kitchen, large fridge, large convection microwave, and stove top. A large sofa. A big 42" TV that swiveled between the bed area, and sofa area and allowed external connections for a computer, or USB device. It had Direct TV, and over 100 channels, with a great picture.
The King bed was comfy with 4 plump comfortable pillows. Linens were good.
2 large bedside tables with lamps, and plenty of electrical outlets.
The bathroom was large, plenty of vanity counter space, with a 5' shower, (no tub) which has a small foot rest. Massage Shower head was mounted high up. Plenty of hot water, although I prefer a bit more volume/pressure ........Plenty of extra big, fluffy towels. Lots of big mirrors.
Soap, shampoo, conditioner, even travel size tooth paste....but no lotion.

Breakfast was well stocked with potatoes, scrambled eggs, ham, french toast, and assorted pastries. Potatoes and thin ham slices were a tad on the dry side....but still okay for hotel fare. Real silverware, and plates. The coffee was a bit weak for my taste. They also provided paper cups, to go. Not many people there at all.
As I headed to the breakfast area, I saw many doors with a newspaper...I had received none.....I asked at the desk for one....they said I didn't get one because I was not a "Platinum Member", and had booked through a third party.
All in all, a great place....everything was very clean, and still has the "new building smell".

Internet was hard to connect to, but a quick call to an off premises IT guy, had it working very quickly....Connection was fairly fast.

There were plenty of lights in the room.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your detailed review of the HYATT house Atlanta/ Cobb Galleria! Thank you for informing us about the glitch in the GPS, as we will look into this ASAP. Your wonderful comments make us even more proud of our hotel. We will take all of your comments and concerns and look into each one to ensure we can complete the level of service you should expect from Hyatt. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in the Atlanta area!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is extremely nice..rooms are awesome..just love the glass shower doors in the King room!!! Had a lot of fun with that!!...the couch/sectional was very comfortable..the view from room 404 was breathtaking(even tho it was just the parking lot..lol) ...the microwave and fridge was a great addition to a long weekend...the bed was super comfy..ended up over sleeping because of it..lol..The front desk lady and the bartender was extremely nice and welcoming it was my birthday last Saturday and we checked in on Friday and the front desk lady remembered that!!..the pool is advertised as being an indoor "heated" pool..but it wasn't all that heated..probably the only negative point of my stay (which I really didn't mind it being kind of cool)..but I did like the fact that they didn't use chlorine in their pool...breakfast was great also..I also love the fact that they have a "borrow" system just in case u leave your cell phone charger or need a blender to mix drinks in your room...my overall stay was superb!!...A great place to spend my birthday!!...They will forever have my business!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for the awesome review!! We are so happy you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us! We are sorry the pool wasn't warm enough and will have our Chief Engineer look into it. We are glad you enjoyed the amenities of the room, as well as the amenities around the hotel. We look forward to hosting you again next year for your birthday!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from 11am Saturday to 1130 am Sunday for a wedding. I was in the wedding party and we were getting ready in the hotel when the fire alarm started going off, it went off for at least 45 minutes with no apologies. Also, between the hours of our stay the door got knocked on more times that we can count asking when we were leaving by housekeeping, which was extremely annoying, they don't have a system to tell them when people check out? When we check into our room and went up to it apparently it wasn't ready, so I don't know if that was a front desk or housekeepingasre but we should not have been able to check in if it wasn't ready, the point is the housekeeper was extremely RUDE about it and basically told us she didn't care and we need to leave. But, the hotel is very nice, rooms are awesome and the people at the front desk are great!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Emysobo
Mark L, General Manager at HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you had a great time at our hotel. We also want to apologize for any inconveniences you encountered with the fire alarm and with housekeeping. I will personally be sure to address your issues you encountered with housekeeping to ensure that it does not happen to you, or anyone else, in the future. Thank you for brining that to our attention! Again, we apologize for the fire alarm going off as well. We hope you will continue to stay with us any time you are in the Atlanta area in the future!