“Great Delicatessen ”
Review of The General Muir

The General Muir
Reserve with OpenTable
The General Muir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 4,147 Restaurants in Atlanta
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 2014 and 2015 James Beard Foundation Semifinalist, BEST CHEF: SOUTHEAST 2014 Georgia Restaurant Association, RESTAURATEURS OF THE YEAR Creative Loafing BEST OVERALL RESTAURANT, 2014 GQ 25 BEST NEW RESTAURANTS IN AMERICA, 2014 Eater Atlanta RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR, 2013 Atlanta Magazine RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR, 2013 Bon Appetit 50 BEST NEW RESTAURANTS, 2013 Creative Loafing, BEST NEW RESTAURANT, 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

The General Muir Delicatessen is a new age delicatessen with a gorgeous modern industrial restaurant in suburban Atlanta. The menu items include authentic New York style Jewish delicatessen items like matzo ball soup and bagels with lox and varieties of cream cheese and fish spreads. The deli counter also offers a fantastic assortment of pastries. There needs to be more restaurants with deli counters and deli menu options!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

WOW - a great place for both Reuben and Pastrami - real, great, and at a fair price in a cool setting.

I am impressed - I was torn between a reuben and a pastrami - so my awesome waitress offered to bring me a half and half sandwich - the sandwich was made to perfection and I was very happy.

It is great service and great food -

There is free parking in two parking garages - for a few hours at a time

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

This place is located directly across the street from the CDC in Atlanta in a mixed shopping and residential area. It's basically a deli that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had the Reuben sandwich and some red wine. The sandwich was the best Reuben I think I've ever had. The meat was tasty and plump. The wine was a bit pricey at $10/glass. I wish I had visited for lunch or breakfast. I would definitely go back. Nice place and great atmosphere.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Visited my wife for lunch and we decided on the General Muir. Obviously a place for power lunches and Emory/CDC employees. While not a bad place and I will likely try it again we had a some of speed bumps. This is my first time dining here. Forgotten dishes, wrong bill, slow service, and menu items unavailable due to kitchen equipment outages. Based on all the other reviews I suspect a singular bad day.

1  Thank JdiMstr33
Reviewed June 16, 2017

My mother and I have dined here on a few occasions. We are originally from up North the Tri-state area, which is known for New York style piled high pastrami sandwiches. On our last two visits the Pastrami had no taste and it wasn't piled high. It was just sliced too thick. We asked our server "Had we received Corn beef instead. The sandwich was very bland and I think restaurant owners in the South seem to miss it when it comes to a true deli style sandwich. The atmosphere has changed a bit while waiting for a booth the person who had cleaned the table off displayed a terrible attitude, to the point where he had wiped the table debris onto the floor and did not return to sweep it up. Our waiter was very nice and he took great care of us despite the overall experience.