“Not your "regular" food court fare!”
Review of Arepa Mia

Arepa Mia
Ranked #238 of 3,978 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Mableton, Georgia
“Not your "regular" food court fare!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Empanadas, my 20-something daughter had a taste for empanadas...and Arepa Mia showed up in her Internet search.

Arepa Mia didn't disappoint! We had to stand in line to order on a busy weekday at noon, but we expected that. Since we'd never been we decided to order 3 different things. We ordered some black bean & plantain empanadas, a chicken arepa with avocado & a black bean chachara... They were all yummy & satisfying. We 're gluten-free, so finding any place to eat that's all gluten free can be a challenge, but this one is. We shared a long picnic table with some other women there for lunch. There are 2-long picnic type tables each capable of seating about 10 people and a few bar height seats, so seating and ambiance are minimal, but this is one of many food options in Atlanta's Municipal Market...also referred to as Sweet Auburns Curb Market.

Arepa Mia isn't open for dinner. Parking is available in a parking lot behind the Market or on the street...make sure you have cash or change for that, although our parking meter would also take credit cards. Arepa Mia only takes MasterCard or Visa.

In summation, if you've never been to this market, make it a two-fer & dine at Arepa Mia! It's not Chipotle...because it's not a chain but it is a dining adventure for the sights and tastes. We thoroughly enjoyed it & we'll be back for lunch again!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Becky H

Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious authentic food!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've been to arepa mia since they open and I still go back for more. The food is delicious and it is like visiting some of my Venezuelan friends house. I recommend it!

Make sure if you are going for lunch to go early so you can beat the crowd. It gets busy!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Coralys R
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Authentic Venezuela Food”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Arepa Mia serves delicious, authentic Venezuelan food. The cachapas and arepas are wonderful. My friend from Venezuela took us here for the first time and we loved it. This is the real deal. Also, papelon con limon is refreshing. The workers are very friendly and enjoy having customers enjoy their cuisine. This is a place you must try if in the area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GT2_Law
Atlanta, Georgia
“Love Love Love this place...”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you want to try some traditional Venezuelan food this is the place. Excellent cachapas, arepas, and empanadas. Food is excellent, service is great...and staff is awesome. Located in the Municipal Market in downtown Atlanta. Must try and promise...you will love it!!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Christopher L
Los Angeles, California
“Asado Negro Quite Exotic”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Wanted to try something different in Atlanta, so my friend and I Yelped local restaurants after the Coca-Cola tour. Being from L.A., the food appeared to be variations of Mexican food, but one bite of the asado negro and I was definitely wrong.

The asado negro tasted more like a shredded beef steak sandwich with a light red wine overtone. I added the guyanes cheese to it, and it made it even more exotic. Ever bite into something and can't describe the taste? This is what happened. Like trying to describe the series finale of "Breaking Bad" to someone that has never seen the show. You just can't start with any of the ingredients, but combined, it was like nothing else I had tasted.

I also had a Venezuelan drink, but don't remember what it was called. Looked like tea but had a dark, malt-like flavor with a barely noticeable sweetness. Not sure if I would order the drink with the asado again because the asado almost demands something lighter, like a Sprite or whatever it is that Coke makes in Atlanta. But try the asado negro for something indescribably different.

Been to Arepa Mia? Share your experiences!