“Worst Indian food I ever had”

Moon Indian Cuisine
Ranked #965 of 4,030 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

The food is extremely bland. There was hardly any difference between the Pilau Rice and the Fried Rice, other than one was yellow, the other one white. Naan comes from a cookie sheet out of a regular oven, tasted like bad pizza dough.
Despite all the positive reviews on urbanspoon and yelp I kinda expected it though after going through the menu with about 100 items.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I love eating here! Food and service is excellent. I usually make it a point to visit here when I am in Atlanta.

1  Thank Jilli15
Reviewed November 23, 2011

From the mulligatawny soup to the rice pudding and chai tea for dessert, every bite and sip we enjoyed at Royal of India was outstanding. Chef and owner, Paul, clearly takes great pride in the food he prepares, and the waiter who served us was attentive and polite without ever hovering or being difficult to find.

The atmosphere is casual -- what one expects to see in a neighborhood Indian restaurant -- pictures of people and deities bedecked with bright colors and sequins. Bollywood videos and movies play on the televisions which both adds to and detracts from the overall atmosphere, depending on what you like. (Personally, I like Bollywood, but prefer not to have a distracting television nearby while enjoying a meal with my friends and/or family. YMMV.)

The mulligatawny soup, while thinner than what I've had in the past, was delightfully piquant with wedges of lime and a sprinkling of fresh cilantro leaves. As vegetarians, we've had to be concerned in the past that the soup we were served was made with a chicken base, but this soup base was clearly a vegetable broth.

The vegetable masala and channa masala were both intensely flavored and generously apportioned.

The rice pudding was sweet -- again, a little on the thin side -- but the rich vanilla creaminess more than made up for whatever it lacked in body and mouth feel.

We highly recommend Royal of India's vegetarian options!

1  Thank fyrewede2