“Wonderful”

Ranked #34 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
raleigh, nc
“Wonderful”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

After a bad experience at another hotel in the Atlanta area we booked the Homewood Suites last minute, 20 minutes before we arrived! It was so clean and the staff was so nice and friendly. It was just what we needed. As a family traveling with 4 small kids this place was perfect! The valet staff was very helpful, when we asked for a crib for our 1 year old they arrived promptly and offered to set it up. I could go on and on. Just a great stay and great staff. Thank you for wonderful and relaxing stay in Atlanta!

Room Tip: One bedroom suite with 2 queens and pull out couch.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very nice, new hotel in midtown. The staff were all so friendly and did a good job.
The one bedroom suite that we had was very spacious and included a little kitchen with full sized refrigerator. We had a room facing the interstate and didn't have any issues with the noise, but we also had the fan running to block out more noise. The evening dinner service was a real plus for us because we were tired and didn't feel like going out again. They had boneless breast of chicken and red beans and rice one night, along with a salad and fresh baked cookies. They have help yourself wine out, tea, lemonade and water too. Breakfast was the fixings for breakfast burritos, along with cereal and yogurt options.
The price of this hotel is higher than Georgia Tech Conference Center or the Hampton Georgia Tech, but considering you have the dinner, breakfast and wireless internet included it's not too bad.
The biggest downside here is the valet parking for $22! I would rather park my own car than have to valet. I really don't like that. The Marriott Inn and Suites is also in Midtown, has a nice big suite, but allows you to self-park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Quiet and restful stay after a hectic, full day at my conference. Front desk staff very cordial and helpful. Lobby area very warm and comfortable. Hotel is located about a two blocks for the midtown-MARTA station which was no problem for me with a wheeled carry on bag, plus a garment bag.Rooms were modern and not possessing worn carpets. Great breakfast is you wanted to eat there. Parking is only valet-expensive, but there is a lot just up the street for $5.00 all day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank thepearl8
North Alabama
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great location--I just wish they had better parking options.

The good news: the rooms are fantastic, the lobby bright, warm, and modern, and everything is fresh and new. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, and the Wi-Fi was fast. It's easy to walk to a variety of different restaurants and even a grocery store 2 blocks away (for those on longer stays). The MARTA station is another couple of blocks away, right off I-75, and just across from Georgia Tech.

Bad news: first and foremost, budget an extra $22 for valet parking--you have NO CHOICE if you have a car! It's a little tough to navigate in/out of the parking area but at least it's covered. The location is a bit tough to get to if you're just getting off I-75 in traffic (which I was). I could see road noise being a problem if your room faces the wrong way, but mine faced the pool, making it surprisingly quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid anything facing the interstate if possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Danielle V, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you stayed with us in our brand new hotel and enjoyed the comfortable rooms and bright lobby. We are proud of the decor of the hotel and glad you enjoyed it as well. We apologize you did not enjoy the valet parking at the hotel but due to the limited space of parking in Midtown, we take care of our guest’s vehicles for them. You are welcome to use public parking if you would wish. Thank you staying with us and leaving your remarks for other travelers. We hope you will choose to visit us again.

Danielle Valenchis
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I visited Atlanta for our anniversary. We were very impressed with our stay at Homewood Suites. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only bad part about the room was the fact that the sound came out the back of the TV. The TV was made to swivel from the couch area to the bed. But, when my husband was going to watch TV from the couch while I went to bed, the sound was coming out the back of the TV on my side. That didn't work out well. The lobby was absolutely beautiful. Breakfast Sunday morning was disappointing, but much better on Monday morning. They didn't seem to be prepared for their big weekend crowd. I would recommend Homewood Suites to anyone traveling to Atanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm very pleased about your stay here at Homewood Suites! We decided to stay a extra night in Atlanta and got this room last minute. The hotel is beautiful and my favorite was the awesome fireplace in the lobby! The suite offered plenty of room and gave the feel as if we were in our own condo! The only downfall was the $22 parking and the lights were malfunctioning in the bathroom. I still was high impressed with the suite and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my first stay at this new property. I booked a 1 bedroom suite. It was two very small rooms where there was almost no room to move around the furniture, even hard to find a space to set up the luggage. This was one of the smallest rooms I have been in outside of NYC or Tokyo. It was not what I expected from a “Suite” hotel from Hilton. I had one light out in the room, and the outlet in the kitchen would not work for the coffee maker, I had to take it to the bedroom. The hotel is next to a very busy 12 lane highway and the french door in the bedroom did not seal correctly. If I leaned against the door, the room went silent. When I left it alone I was in the Indy 500. It looks like they are still settling in to the new building. The public spaces were very stylish, and the front desk help were friendly. There are other better values in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travloften
Danielle V, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Welcome and thank you for choosing to stay in our brand new hotel. We are happy you liked the stylish décor and location of the hotel but we are deeply sorry you did not enjoy everything about your stay. We will have our Engineering Team look into the room compliments and make sure the French doors are working properly in our rooms. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope you will choose to stay with us once again. We would like to give you a much better experience in our hotel.

Danielle Valenchis