“Great New Hotel; Budget More for Parking”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #59 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great location--I just wish they had better parking options.

The good news: the rooms are fantastic, the lobby bright, warm, and modern, and everything is fresh and new. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, and the Wi-Fi was fast. It's easy to walk to a variety of different restaurants and even a grocery store 2 blocks away (for those on longer stays). The MARTA station is another couple of blocks away, right off I-75, and just across from Georgia Tech.

Bad news: first and foremost, budget an extra $22 for valet parking--you have NO CHOICE if you have a car! It's a little tough to navigate in/out of the parking area but at least it's covered. The location is a bit tough to get to if you're just getting off I-75 in traffic (which I was). I could see road noise being a problem if your room faces the wrong way, but mine faced the pool, making it surprisingly quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid anything facing the interstate if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Danielle V, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled you stayed with us in our brand new hotel and enjoyed the comfortable rooms and bright lobby. We are proud of the decor of the hotel and glad you enjoyed it as well. We apologize you did not enjoy the valet parking at the hotel but due to the limited space of parking in Midtown, we take care of our guest’s vehicles for them. You are welcome to use public parking if you would wish. Thank you staying with us and leaving your remarks for other travelers. We hope you will choose to visit us again.

Danielle Valenchis

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I visited Atlanta for our anniversary. We were very impressed with our stay at Homewood Suites. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only bad part about the room was the fact that the sound came out the back of the TV. The TV was made to swivel from the couch area to the bed. But, when my husband was going to watch TV from the couch while I went to bed, the sound was coming out the back of the TV on my side. That didn't work out well. The lobby was absolutely beautiful. Breakfast Sunday morning was disappointing, but much better on Monday morning. They didn't seem to be prepared for their big weekend crowd. I would recommend Homewood Suites to anyone traveling to Atanta.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm very pleased about your stay here at Homewood Suites! We decided to stay a extra night in Atlanta and got this room last minute. The hotel is beautiful and my favorite was the awesome fireplace in the lobby! The suite offered plenty of room and gave the feel as if we were in our own condo! The only downfall was the $22 parking and the lights were malfunctioning in the bathroom. I still was high impressed with the suite and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my first stay at this new property. I booked a 1 bedroom suite. It was two very small rooms where there was almost no room to move around the furniture, even hard to find a space to set up the luggage. This was one of the smallest rooms I have been in outside of NYC or Tokyo. It was not what I expected from a “Suite” hotel from Hilton. I had one light out in the room, and the outlet in the kitchen would not work for the coffee maker, I had to take it to the bedroom. The hotel is next to a very busy 12 lane highway and the french door in the bedroom did not seal correctly. If I leaned against the door, the room went silent. When I left it alone I was in the Indy 500. It looks like they are still settling in to the new building. The public spaces were very stylish, and the front desk help were friendly. There are other better values in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travloften
Danielle V, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Welcome and thank you for choosing to stay in our brand new hotel. We are happy you liked the stylish décor and location of the hotel but we are deeply sorry you did not enjoy everything about your stay. We will have our Engineering Team look into the room compliments and make sure the French doors are working properly in our rooms. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope you will choose to stay with us once again. We would like to give you a much better experience in our hotel.

Danielle Valenchis

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just got back from Atlanta and the Homewood suites hotel on Feb 1, 2013. Nice new hotel, close to everything, Marta (subway) 5 minute walk to Midtown station, and you can be downtown in 15 minutes or so, $2.50 each way versus $15.00 for a taxi. Publix grocery store 5 minute walk (they have a hot food bar and you can buy beer and wine), small store but has everything you need. The rooms are very nice and clean, room even has a dishwasher. The lobby is beautiful with a huge fireplace and lots of chairs just to hang out if you wanted. Didn't use the pool, but it was heated and open during my stay. Staff very friendly and always ready to help. I would definitely come back to this hotel, its like a home away from home

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I love everything about this hotel. The rooms,lobby,the free food was excellent. The politeness of the staff. The stainless appliances, the big nice comfortable bed, the nice hot shower. I can go on and on but I will say I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying in this brand new Homewood Suites on January 20 & 21st while we were in Atlanta on business. We have stayed in other Homewood locations that were quite nice but this one blew them all away. We were very surprised when we walked into the lobby as it had the feel and look of a much more upscale property like the Westin or Hyatt. It was beautiful !! Homewood really raised the bar on this one. The clerk said they had only been opened for a month.

The staff here appears to have been carefully chosen and well trained. Every employee we encountered had a very friendly and sincere "what can I do for you" attitude. When we checked in we were given a "Welcome to Homewood" letter with the manager's name and phone number and email !! I really liked that and was impressed that the manager was willing to make herself known and accessible to the guests. We had a small issue with our room during our stay and I contacted the manager who responded very promptly and in a satisfactory manner to our concern. We were very impressed with all of the staff that we encountered.

This Homewood is located at the northeast corner of 10th Street and Williams Street. It is very near Georgia Tech and also about a block away from the Marta (rapid transit system).

This is a unique property in the sense that the building houses two hotels. One side is the Hilton Garden Inn and the other is this Homewood Suites (both owned by Hilton). The Homewood offers some great amenities such as a FREE hot breakfast AND a free dinner in the evenings during the week (Mon-Thurs only) complete with beer and wine. They also offer FREE in-room high-speed internet access. The only drawback we found to staying here is that there is no self-parking available and the valet parking is $22 per day (there is no extra charge for leaving and returning). We usually don't pick places that charge for parking but the awesome price of the room was SO worth it. We usually spend more than that on breakfast anyway so we figured the free breakfast and dinner easily offset the parking fee.

When we arrived in our room we saw the dinner menu for the evening meals posted on our fridge !! There is also a bar and grill on the premises that is accessible to guests staying at either hotel. There is an entrance to it located in the lobby of the Homewood. Unfortunately, we never got a chance to go try it out but it looked nice. There is also a chinese restaurant right across the street within easy walking distance called "Buddha". I heard they have good food.

A previous reviewer mentioned that he was bothered by road noise from the nearby interstate but we didn't experience any of that in our room. We stayed in room # 822 and it overlooked the pool area and we didn't experience any noticeable noise at all.

Our room was very nice with modern decor and quality furnishings, such as the kitchen counter and bath vanity that were a lovely granite. We stayed in what they call a studio suite with a king bed. The studio suite is like an efficiency apartment. It is a nice size room that has an open floor plan with the bed on one side of the room and the sofa on the other side with a small kitchen and bath and desk area. Another thing I like about the Homewoods we've stayed in is that the vanity and sink are NOT in the actual bathroom. All that is in the bathroom is the toilet and shower. The vanity is located in it's own little area right outside the bathroom entrance. This way the mirror doesn't get fogged up when the shower is on and we don't get in each others way when we are both trying to get ready to go :-) !!

Next time we stay in a Homewood though we will probably opt for the one-bedroom suite instead of the studio because those have a separate bedroom and living room area and since one of us is an earlier riser than the other this will allow for us to be able to stick to our usual routine without waking the other.

Anyway, this was a very impressive hotel and stay and if we were ever to return to Atlanta again I would definitely stay here again.

NOTE: Since this Homewood is housed in the same building as the Hilton and hence similar addresses, I believe some reviewers are accidentally leaving reviews for the wrong hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple