“College graduation”

Ranked #24 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
North Carolina
“College graduation”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I visited this Hilton in Feb 2013 in hopes of using for my family for my daughter's college graduation. We booked 4 rooms and found our stay to be amazing. The Hilton was clean, and service was great. The only complaint is the air conditioning which blows right over the top of the beds. So you couldn't leave it on for an extended period. Our server Alex greeted us every morning with a smile for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you experienced a clean and hospitable service during your stay. We have alerted our Maintenance Supervisor about the air conditioning units in the room and will look into what we can do to remedy this situation. We have also passed along your praises regarding Alex to our Food and Beverage Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Regina, SK
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is brand new and well located in Midtown Atlanta. Convenient to the Interstate and close to shopping and restaurants in Atlantic Station as well as Georgia Tech. Everything was great. I do agree with other reviews that the access and parking are a bit challenging at first, but just fine once you figure it out. The parking charge is what you would expect in any big city and not a big deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to hosting you in Atlanta again.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Nice new hotel located in Atlanta Midtown. Our room had a beautiful view of GA Tech Campus. Valet parking was quick and convenient, no wait. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful; quick and easy check in and out. Would definitely stay there again when visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown and appreciate you sharing your review with other travelers. I have shared your praises with our management team to pass along to their staff members. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next Atlanta trip.
Miami, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had the best experience in this hotel, great staff, good cheap breakfast, excelent experience all around, will come back and will stay in this hotel. Def recommended. Everything was very clean, staff was very helpful, they also have a real cheap store where you can buy anything to eat at any time. Great location, walking distance from almost anything. One of the best experiences in a hotel by far.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

That you so much for your rave review! We strive to ensure each guest receives superior customer service and has an excellent stay. We are delighted to hear that this was your experience. We can't wait to see you again soon!
Camden, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is amazing! The service is impeccable and the staff were more than willing to do anything to make our stay comfortable. The hotel itself is beautifully designed. Our room was spotless and the bed was beyond what I would consider comfortable. One thing that really impressed me was I couldn't hear anything going on in the hotel at all when I went to sleep. No other t.v's, nothing! For a light sleeper it was heaven! The food at the hotel was AMAZING. We ate there for Breakfast and Lunch. The rooftop pool is very secluded, and even had daybeds to lounge on! The gym was super nice as well! I will definitely be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown. We are proud to offer our guests a state-of-the-art Garden Sleep System® bed and are glad you found it so comfortable. I have passed your review on to our General Manager so he can share your kind comments with the rest of our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Staff goes out of the way to make pleasant stay, but just too much 'trouble' to make the stay enjoyable.

To me, for a new hotel and HIG brand this hotel was extremely loud! Hallway noise, traffic noise, thin walls, etc. I heard my neighbor clearly take a shower and flush (way too much info I know!!) This hotel does not also the adjustable comfort beds either - one of the reason I usually stay at Hilton Garden Inn when traveling.

I just would not stay here again due to the access to my car. I am not a valet fan and the extra daily tips it entails. In the mornings make sure to leave an extra 15 minutes in your schedule to get your car out of valet. Parking is extremely limited in valet area and both HIG and Homewood Suites use the same space.

FYI-Coffee is available in the lobby, but breakfast buffett is $11.95/person.

Room Tip: If there is a way to get away from the I75/I85 traffic side I would do it. I think I opened my wind...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank orreo5859
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are sorry you left the hotel feeling unsatisfied. While we do not have the adjustable beds we do offer Hilton’s new state-of-the-art Garden Sleep System® bed and apologize that you did not find the new bed as comfortable as the adjustable beds. I have also passed along your feedback to our general manager to share with the valet to ensure we learn from your experience.
south carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, rooms were nice,front desk staff nice and smiles. Parking is a problem. Like all Atlanta downtown hotels, parking is scarce. Only option is valet. Had to get something out of my car after dinner and they would not let me walk to car to get. Hd to walk with attendant up stairs, to get something out. Of course had to tip for him to walk to car. Like they'd ere holding car hostage. Next morning I called down and said I was coming down please bring car around, was told when you come down will get car. Probably will not stay here next trip, too many other good options

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jackie S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize that you had an unpleasant experience with our valet however, I can assure you the valet was not escorting you solely for a tip. It is company policy that all hotel guests be escorted to their vehicles for several reasons. The most important is that we want ensure the safety and security of all our guests and their vehicles. Secondly, we require a valet attendant to escort guests as the valet knows precisely where the vehicle is located and can show you right to your car as opposed to allowing our guests to wonder the area searching for their vehicle. We have notified our valet manager of your comments though to guarantee this policy is clearly stated to our guests. We do sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us one more time as we would love to have the opportunity to make your next visit a pleasant one. Thank you again for your review.