“Oh Little Darling, Stir it Up” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stir it UP
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children
Florence, AL
“Oh Little Darling, Stir it Up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Can't say enough nice things about this place. The decor is lovely and comfortable. The service is very friendly. The food, oh darling, the food. I had the Jerk Tofu with Yucca Fries (which came with a tangy sauce on the side). I fear I could become addicted. My partner has the same fear over the jerk Chicken and peas and rice. He says he craves it now. I have to laugh because the gentleman who was seated acorss from us ordered that same dish like he'd come to satisfy a deep need. Great portion sizes and an incredible value.

• Visited April 2013

Palm Coast, Florida
“Loved It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

While visiting with a friend, he just had to take me to HIS favorite eatery, Stir It Up!
I loved the atmosphere, the food was hot & spicy & my server was delightful, Hi Chris:)
The decor was lovely and I see why it is my friend's favorite place. I will return!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wow! Great Jamaican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is THE Best Jamaican restaurant I have ever experienced. It is located in Little 5 Points which is a cool place in and of itself. The decor is quite funky but very tasteful with Jamaican art scattered around. I dined with my wife and college age daughters(one is a very picky eater). The food was just incredible. The server recommended a jerk spring roll which was to die for, very tasty including a nice mildly sweet, mildly spicy dipping sauce. Our entrees included curry chicken, jerk chicken and jerk shrimp. Sides included rice and peas or jasmin rice, plaintain(cooked perfectly) and veggies. Every dish was amazing but I have to say that the jerk chicken was unbelieveable-you could tell that it was cooked on the grill and the spice was just perfect not too spicy but just spicy enough. And to drink, of course we had Ting. We enjoyed the food so much that we went back for lunch the next day. And yes, the ox-tails were also amazing on Day 2. Folks, try this place. I do not think you will be disappointed. By the way, if you want alcohol, bring your own beer and wine. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
Dothan, Alabama
“Good pre-concert meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We grabbed a quick bite before heading to variety playhouse. Well, not exactly quick. Food took almost thirty five minutes, BUT when it arrived we didn't mind a bit. I got jerk tofu and yuca fries, boyfriend got curried goat with rice and peas. Good portions and great flavor. Boyfriend said the goat was slightly more bones than meat, but he still felt full. My jerk tofu and yuca fries couldn't have been better. I wasn't crazy about the dipping sauce, but there was plenty of jerk sauce to use as a substitute. I had a bite of the rice and peas and that was also tasty. There's not adult beverages, but you can BYOB. The ambiance is great. Dimly light and rustic. They have hooka behind the counter, but I don't know that they're there for patron use. I would've definitely loved to use one post meal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank lualauren
Berkeley, California
“WOW! What a treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Friendly, unpretentious, hip and the food is so really good! Having just returned to California from a visit to Atlanta, I am kicking myself for not getting a bag of take-out to munch on later...

• Visited September 2012