“CUBAN SANDWICH Yum Time!”

Papi 's Cuban & Caribbean Grill
Ranked #61 of 4,311 Restaurants in Atlanta
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You don't have to travel to Cuba or the Caribbean to experience the flavors that are indigenous to the tropics. Papi's brings all the essence of the South Seas to you, with attention to authenticity and an adherence to the recipes of generations.
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Had seen Papi’s driving by over the years and it came up on reviews recently when I wanted a good Cuban sandwich. Definitely worth the trip from Sandy Springs.

This is not some smushed panini with Cuban looking ingredients. Instead, I enjoyed a huge sandwich on warm soft fresh bread with just enough crust to hold it together without be tough or chewy. The pork and ham were tender and moist, the cheese was melted and gooey and the mayo put it over the top. Yum!

I should have only eaten half but I could not stop myself... nevermind about the rice and beans. They tasted ok but took a backseat to the sandwich and got mostly left behind.

Lunch crowd was steady but not overwhelming. Good lunch stop on Ponce.

1  Thank coachbunch

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband is half Cuban and loves to eat Cuban cuisine whenever he gets the chance. We had been at the Fox theatre for an afternoon show and Googled places nearby that we hadn’t eaten at previously. This place is on Ponce de Leon across the street from Merry Mac’s. The menu was big and had some different twists on the classics. The service was excellent, the food is very good, and the atmosphere is fun. No frills really. There is a small dedicated parking lot behind the building. Prices are reasonable. Wine, beer, cocktails, Cuban coffees. Loved it.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Delicious cuban food! Specially "ropa vieja" sandwich or full meal.
One of the best in Atlanta. You will not regret.

Reviewed April 9, 2018

We tried this out for lunch on Saturday. I had ropa vieja and it was great. My favorite was the side of Maduros (fried sweet plantains). I would definitely try again. My biggest complaint is parking. There is no designated parking. I had to park on the street on block down and came back to the car to find a parking ticket although there was no sign within reading distance stating it was a no parking zone unless you have a residential parking permit. So go and enjoy the authentic food, just beware of where you park.

1  Thank Amanda G
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the ropa vieja menu item and it was absolutely amazing!! The place does get packed very fast and easy as there isn’t a lot of space but the service was good and the food was even better. Just be prepared to wait for your dinner table! The wait is worth it!!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Gina O

Been to Papi 's Cuban & Caribbean Grill? Share your experiences!