“Good Mexican Food”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #264 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Restaurant was clean and not too loud. Beers were cold. Food service was efficient and fast. The only issue was that two of the 6 orders were incorrect....but they tasted good anyway.

There are newer reviews for Uncle Julio's

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This restaurant is convenient to many businesses but the food is terrible. Staff is sketchy and service unpredictable. The only good thing on the menu is the fruit with the dip. Forget everything else.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We eat at UJ's regularly with our son and his family. It's one of their favorite Atlanta places and we love it too. We live out of state, but our "regular" hotel in Atlanta when visiting is a block away from Uncle Julio's. The food is great, the kids love it and there is a good variety on the menu. Service has always been good for us, and our servers have been really helpful and pleasant. Not haut cuisine - but certainly a cut above most Mex. restaurant food. Décor is also fun and spacious!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I knew this place was loud, I just forgot. I ordered a Negra Modelo -- made a point of ordering a cold mug or glass with it -- I like to smell my beer as I drink it. Also ordered the crab and corn guacamole. The waitress came back a minute or two later with the beers, but no glass. Seemed surprised that I asked for the glass again. We told her we wanted to enjoy our beer and guac before we ordered dinner. The guacamole was DELISH! After telling the waitress that we wanted to wait, we could never get her attention again. Finally, I got a food runner to ask her to come over. The place was so loud, we decided to order some salmon salad to go. It came out very quickly -- very nicely packed up, but without the salmon. Again, she seemed surprised that we wanted the salmon. I won't ever go to Uncle Julio's again. It is simply too loud for me, but the food has always been decent. The citrus vinaigrette that came with the salad tasted like chemicals, though.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was told about Uncle Julio's from my instructor and I am so glad he did. I ordered the Carne Asada and I have to say it was incredible. The meat was very tender and full of flavor. The plate that they serve it on kept it warm until the last bite. The guacamole was also the best I have ever had. The chips that they serve with the salsa are very light and not greasy and the salsa is very flavorful.