Tripadvisor
Atlanta
Post
Inbox
Search

“above average airport food”
Review of Cafe Intermezzo

Cafe Intermezzo
Ranked #288 of 4,542 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I remember when this was just a bookstore - good use of space and I am glad they left the bookshelves, happy to see some children browsing while waiting for their orders.
If you have time for a sit-down meal, this is a good choice. Our server, Tiffany, was really nice and attentive.
I enjoyed my beet root salad very much and my husband's tomato basil pasta was just okay, had a canned tomato taste.
Prices are high but not out of line for an airport.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank RandiFayeC
Write a reviewReviews (574)

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

For Airport food we were very pleased. Would have rated it 4 stars as it was good, but not outstanding and pretty expensive. Two omelettes, coffee and tea and taxes totaled more than $40 before tip. Come on, almost $5 for tea or coffee? However, I gave it an excellent rating as it was probably the best airport breakfast that I can remember.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank VA_Rover
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

I just had what were possibly the worst eggs Benedict in my life. The yolks were cooked to the point of being hard boiled, the English muffin was toasted only along one edge, and the Hollandaise had no discernable flavor other than the hot pepper powder sprinkled on top. The fried potatoes were over cooked on one side, not cooked enough on the other. So the food is a solid one star. My server on the other hand, was simply marvelous. She offered to have the food taken away and re-done, but I didn't have time. So she sent over the manager, who was also wonderful. She took a significant amount off the bill, which was very kind. Apparently the cook is new and still learning, which happens. Hopefully he'll get better. So the service is a solid five stars. I've been eating here for at least the last ten years, and this is my first negative experience. I'll give them another try when I come through this June.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Hsteinmiller
Reviewed December 15, 2019

My wife and I had a long layover at Atlanta airport, so we decided to find some dinner that would be better than the Delta Club fare. We were at Terminal B and we first headed to Fridays, but it had a line out the door and we weren't interested in a long wait for a table. Cafe Intermezzo, also located in the Terminal B hub was a pleasant surprise for us. As an airport restaurant, the surroundings were nothing to write home about, but the food was very good and the service was prompt and efficient. My wife had the spinach and artichoke crepe and I had the Croque Monsieur. Both meals came out quickly and were high quality and tasty. If you're in need of a meal at Atlanta Airport, you should give the Cafe Intermezzo a try.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank jpgw2qq
Reviewed December 15, 2019

I had taken an early morning flight leaving without eating that morning. By the time I got to ATL I was starving. After looking at the breakfast options (I really didn't want a breakfast burrito) Cafe Intermezzo was the best option. I didn't have to wait and they seated me right away. There aren't that many seat so it may be a problem if its busy.
The waitress came over in a reasonable amount of time, brought me my drink, and took my order within 5 minutes of getting there.
My American breakfast satisfied my hunger and they allowed my to change the potatoes for fruit. The only thing below my anticipation was the scrambled eggs which, although they tasted good, were not uniform with portions of it seeming to be hard cooked rather than scrambled.
The waitress checked on me while I ate and brought my bill and charge for signing in a reasonable amount of time. I made my connection without a problem.

Date of visit: December 2019