“Good food terrible service”
Review of Georgia Peach - CLOSED

Georgia Peach
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Ugh never again. The service was terrible. They need chef Ramsey. The place was busy but not that busy. Took forever to get us a menu. We order the special they told us 20 minutes after we placed out order special out. It was 3 in the afternoon and no special ugh. So I order the fried chicken and they waited another 20 minutes and told us the chicken was still frozen. I would have left but I was hungry and had limited time. Got the fried shrimp, ( very good) collard ( to salty) and French fries. The sweet tea was delicious. I really wanted the special friend fish. Other customers stated it was very good.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We loved this out of the way restaurant! I had a salad side with the peach dressing, fabulous. Then the Peach BBQ Pork sandwich, out of this world. My son had a burger, he also thought it was great. We had Sweet Tea which was excellent.
Our waitress was Anita, she was so friendly and personable and catered to our every need.
If we were in Atlanta longer, we'd eat every meal here and if we could, we'd bring Anita home with us!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by one of the barbers in the above ground portion of the Underground (if that makes any sense, I don't know how it is referred to). It is located in the area, he was kind enough to walk us over - me, my husband and our two kids. It was not busy at all when we went on a Sunday afternoon in June 2012. The servers were nice, the place looked ok.

We dined on baked chicken, tilapia, mac & cheese, greens, BBQ sandwich w/fries, shrimp salad. I had the salad - very good, I don't remember which I chose, but I did combine the best of two different salads and I was quite pleased with the outcome. It consisted of mixed greens, pecans, onion, shrimp, and some sort of peach salad dressing, very tasty and quite a bit of food. Everyone was satisfied with their choices overall, although I think they could revamp the sides, they were just ok, the fish was a little dry. (I think the prices are a bit high, but maybe it's regional, I'm not sure.)

We wanted the "hot water" cornbread, I think it was, but they either were not serving it or they did not have any and the person that cooks it was off, I can't remember, I do know that a couple of things we desired were unavailable because of the latter. Anyway, we ordered the Texas toast, I love grilled bread, we had to have a second basket and we argued over that.

I recommend this establishment for the peach tea (no free refills), the Texas toast, and the shrimp salad. They were the best things going.