“Pretty okay food, good service, GREAT peach tea! In an out of the way location.”
Review of Georgia Peach - CLOSED

Georgia Peach
Cuisines: Barbecue
Southern US
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by one of the barbers in the above ground portion of the Underground (if that makes any sense, I don't know how it is referred to). It is located in the area, he was kind enough to walk us over - me, my husband and our two kids. It was not busy at all when we went on a Sunday afternoon in June 2012. The servers were nice, the place looked ok.

We dined on baked chicken, tilapia, mac & cheese, greens, BBQ sandwich w/fries, shrimp salad. I had the salad - very good, I don't remember which I chose, but I did combine the best of two different salads and I was quite pleased with the outcome. It consisted of mixed greens, pecans, onion, shrimp, and some sort of peach salad dressing, very tasty and quite a bit of food. Everyone was satisfied with their choices overall, although I think they could revamp the sides, they were just ok, the fish was a little dry. (I think the prices are a bit high, but maybe it's regional, I'm not sure.)

We wanted the "hot water" cornbread, I think it was, but they either were not serving it or they did not have any and the person that cooks it was off, I can't remember, I do know that a couple of things we desired were unavailable because of the latter. Anyway, we ordered the Texas toast, I love grilled bread, we had to have a second basket and we argued over that.

I recommend this establishment for the peach tea (no free refills), the Texas toast, and the shrimp salad. They were the best things going.

• Visited June 2012