“Be prepared to wait for everything.”
Review of La Mongerie Bakery & Bistro - CLOSED

La Mongerie Bakery & Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Penn Ave NE
Transit: Close to North Ave Station
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Be prepared to wait for everything.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to La Mongerie because Scout Mob promised delicious lemon pancakes. But, it took 30 minutes to get our mimosas, a total of an hour to get our pancakes. Most of the waitstaff looked lost. I went to cashier to pay because our server had been MIA for a long time and presented my scoutmob deal- of which they rejected. I argued that there were no exclusions on website- to which they referred to a sign on the door. Which door? The entry which was propped open where the sign could not be seen.
It's a shame, cause the pancakes are delicious, but poor service is non excusable. Neither is not honoring coupons.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sister5th

Sylacauga, Alabama
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Shrimp and Grits, Lox sandwich and a breakfast sandwich with bacon. In short the staff was very friendly, service was fast and the food was fantastic! We were there on a Saturday morning at about 9:30, not too crowded, surprisingly. The shrimp and grits is worth a return visit!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank kcb2013
Miami, Florida
“No More Mongerie for Me”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

When my friend promised me that she was going to take me to a brunch spot that was better than our normal place, I have to admit I got a little excited. Unfortunately, that excitement didn't last too long. We went to La Mongerie on a very cold day in Atlanta, and they kept the front doors of the restaurant open. We had to request that they be closed. We ordered mimosa's that were flat, but the fruit flies that lingered around the restaurant -- and our food -- seemed please by the orange juice and the fruit on my waffles. Yes, this brings me to my waffles. I assume that we are in the South and that chicken and waffles is a pretty popular dish. How do you mess up something so simple? My chicken was okay to say the least, but I had to return the dish because the first time I received it the waffles were visibly burnt, and when I got it back the second time the waffles were undercooked. I wasn't pleased with the food, but the waiter seemed fairly nice. I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone. Boy did I miss going sticking to the evil I know.

• Visited February 2013