“I must not have paid enough for my Delta ticket”

Ramada Limited Atlanta
Ramada Limited Atlanta
Ranked #162 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a Delta vouchers. Others got a choice of nicer hotels, so maybe I should pay more for my air tickets. Our adult son was travelling with us and at check-in they tried to get us to share a room despite the fact we had 2 vouchers. Tacky. The hotel was actually very clean and served its purpose for a 5-hour night's sleep before heading back to ATL airport. But the A/C was noisy and the checkout was a little strange. The person behind counter just sat there and when I finally spoke, she just said "leave your key." That's all the words spoken. The checkin lady at night was very nice though. My biggest complaint is that it is a fairly long way from the airport and they had vans every 15 minutes to pick you up but only once an hour to go back -- a crowded van that a.m. Obviously, they are more interested in getting you as a guest than getting you back to ATL. Finally, I was offended by the 2 bus rides playing Christian music both ways. Different drivers. I don't care what music is playing, but preaching unwanted messages to a trapped public is very tacky and offensive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EnjoymentOfLife
There are newer reviews for Ramada Limited Atlanta

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were overbooked on our flight back home and given a voucher to stay here. I would not recommend it to anyone with discriminating taste. Had we known how bad it would be we most likely would have paid for someplace on our own. The room had a stink to it like it had been used to store all of Atlanta's dirty gym clothes and they put an air freshner in the room also. Bed was not comfortable at all and we could not sleep due to the LOUD air conditioning unit kicking on and off all night. The only positive part was that everything APPEARED to be clean. Not that it smelled clean, just looked clean. Had the smell not been present the room itself would not have been too bad. The area surrounding the hotel is not the best either. Seemed kindy shifty to me, but we did not venture outside. I can imagine most women would not be comfortable staying there alone.

Now, I am normally not one to complain, but this hotel deserves this type of review.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here; there is your advice for a good room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jhackathorne
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were given a hotel voucher by Delta due to a missed connection and told that there was a shuttle outside the airport. After waiting 30 minutes, we called and were told that the van was on the way. After an hour, a van appeared but was full and the driver promised to return. Two more phone calls and still no shuttle. A wonderful driver from the Clarion saw our dilemma and took four of us to the Ramada which was at least a 20-minute drive from the airport, only to be told that there were no more rooms. The very non-committal, defensive manager told us that their shuttle would return to take us to the Clarion -- another lengthy wait and now 8 of us! (The crowd was getting pretty irate by now.) It was well after midnight when we finally left the Ramada for the Clarion -- and were we glad! Although we did not see the Ramada rooms, the lobby was worn looking, dirty fingerprints on the doors, and vaguely creepy. We don't plan to use Ramada after this experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Escambian
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Read all reviews before reading mine! I was open minded. Checkin was great, the hotel greater warned me there was a party in the basement and suggested I stay on the 3rd floor for my 2 week stay, she was right! I had no complaints until Albert refused to give me fresh towels and change a light bulb in my room...........he was so rude I politely checked out until the management staff whom was so gracious offered hospitality and enlitened me. I checked back in and wondered why is the management staff was nice and Albert was so mean. I hope Ramada will do a staff investigation and educate on how to be courteous to guests and service with a smile.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sweetness22
Reviewed July 21, 2007

While traveling abroad, we were forced to spend a night in Atlanta on the way to and from our final destination and we chose the ramada limited suites in atlanta. It was perfect for what we needed. They had a great continental breakfast (lots of fresh fruit, oatmeal, hardboiled eggs, cereal, juice, bagels, belgian waffles, etc.) which started at 6am and ran through 10. They also had a complimentary airport shuttle that ran every 1/2 hour (24/7) and was very prompt both getting us to and from the hotel and airport. It's only 10 minutes away from the airport. The rooms were pretty spacious and clean, they also had a fridge/microwave. I would stay here again!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed September 11, 2006

I decided to stay at this hotel because it was convienent for shoping and nightlife, This was my first visit to Atlanta and it want be my last but it will be at this hotel. First of all the hotel staff informed me that they had high speed internet free, and since I had to check mail that was a selling point. I booked the room but at the time I felt like it was over priced for the area but being a first time visitor to the area I did not know better, I got in the room and it smelled horrible,and my feet stuck to the carpet that was disguesting. The internet did not work in the room, I called the front dest and advised them of these problems, and they were not very friendly but they insisted on moving me to a different room so I went, the condition of that room was not much better, there was always people standing around outside the room, which was not very comforting since I was staying there alone. couple hours later I was sitting at the desk checking mail and a gentleman walks into my room, front desk had given him a key, they told me it was an accident and they over booked the room but their was only 5-6 people in the entire hotel so that made no sence. When I returned in at around 2:00 AM people were lerking in the breezway, and yelling as I got out of my car to go into tmy room, this was not a good feeling but it was 2:00 am and I was sleepy. I checked out and left. When I got home I realised I had left my checkbook in the nightstand and i called the hotel to ask them about this and I was told that the housekeeper was off till Thursday so I would have to call back then, this made no sence that they were trying to put me off FOR 4 DAYS, till Thursday. The lady got very rude with me on the phone. PLEASE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING STAYING HERE,,,,,DONT!!! YOU WILL REGREAT IT.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank DarylNBristol
A TripAdvisor Member
Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed April 14, 2006

This hotel is one of the worst I have stayed in. It is overpriced, and the room looked and smelled aweful. There was a stench that stood in the breezeways everytime you walked up. DO NO COME TO THIS HOTEL ALONE AT NIGHT!!! This hotel is in a hole and is surrounded by abondoned buildings. The electricity went out for HOURS during a simple thunderstorm and we were forced to swelter in the heat of our room with no discount at all taken on the bill!!! Do not stay here unless you simply have too!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Midtown
Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/Peachtree at 17th

Been to Ramada Limited Atlanta? Share your experiences!