“OSHA Training Seminar”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Euclid, Ohio
“OSHA Training Seminar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

During my professional tenure, I've traveled quite frequently. I had the opportunity to stay at a wide array of hotels, ranging from Bed & Breakfast hotels to Five Star suites. However, most recently, Georgia Tech ranks among the top locations to stay.

With their professional staff and comfortable, but contemporary environment, guests will be able to relax while eliminating the common stresses of traveling. I strongly recommend Georgia Tech Hotel to anyone traveling in the Midtown Atlanta area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
WOW! Thank you for such a terrific review on tripadvisor! Reviews from experienced travelers like yourself mean so much to the staff. We share all feedback with the hotel employees and I'm sure they will really appreciate your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

GA Tech Hotel & Conference center was clean, modern and was in a great location. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Overall, I had a great experience there and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

The Georgia Tech Hotel served the Walker Family Reunion well. Everything from check-in to check-out was excellent!! The service, smiles and warm welcome was received well. A Special Thanks to Richard Dandridge for helping things to flow smoothly. I would recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Atlanta! Thanks again Richard Dandridge and the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center Family!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
The Walker Family Reunion was one of the largest family reunions we have ever hosted! We are happy to hear that you and your family had a great experience here! We will make sure Richard Dandridge receives a copy of your kind words!
Marion, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

This hotel is as nice as advertised. It is a top notch place to stay. It may be a little pricey for some but for Midtown Atlanta it is hard to beat. I would recommend it to anyone. Great Location!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

I had room on the 8th floor, room 851, great spot to watch the fire works. the restaurant had great food and my kids love the pool and last but not least the location was the best.

ROGEL E-MAIL msgtrogel@aol.com

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

Pros: clean, nice furnishings, good location, friendly staff, safe
Cons: some nearby GA Tech businesses keep short hours in the summer

Full Review:
My boyfriend suggested this hotel, being a GA Tech alum. Their rates were comparable to other hotels, and the reviews seemed better than average. I booked through their website and was able to get a discounted "advance purchase" rate.

The hotel was easy to find and the parking garage was great. It is right beside the hotel, well lit, and decently priced (self parking for around $10 compared to $20 at other hotels). I arrived late in the evening (around 11:45pm) and had to ring a bell to have the employee at the desk press a button to unlock the door. Some consider that a hassle, I consider it safe. You can also scan your room key to gain access late at night.

Once inside, the lobby was very bright and clean. The gentleman at the desk completed my check-in quickly and verified that I had a room with a king-sized bed. Once upstairs in my room I was pleasantly surprised by the size and furnishings. The bed had beautiful linens. There was also a very large flat screen tv, a full sized desk, and an arm chair with ottoman. The coffee maker was perfect; it makes 1 serving at a time, so as to not waste coffee. The bathroom was a good size (big enough for two people) and there was a full-length mirror just outside the bathroom door.

I was on the 3rd floor and spent some time looking out my window. I arrived on a Friday night, so the local nightlife was booming. I noticed a police officer walking around and sitting on a bench below my room. I checked a few times before I finally went to sleep, and he remained on the sidewalk the entire time. He might have been part of GA Tech campus police, not sure, but it made me feel safer.

Around 3am (when the bars were closing?) I could hear some noise coming up from the street. Around 7:30am I woke up due to some people having a loud conversation in the hallway outside my room. Other than that, I slept wonderfully.

I did not have time to enjoy the pool and fitness center, but I did walk by them to check them out. They both looked great!

The location of this hotel is great. I was able to leave my car in the garage and walk to the Fox Theatre. I walked back to the hotel and planned to go in the Barnes and Noble across the street, but was disappointed to find that they close early during the summer (6pm I think). I walked around the corner and found several restaurants, but 75% of them had closed early (as early as 4pm). I asked my boyfriend about this and he said that a lot of businesses close early in the summer when the GA Tech attendance is down. I wish I had known that in advance, but overall it does not affect my opinion of the hotel’s great location.

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

My immediate family & I really enjoyed our stay at the GA Tech Hotel & Conference Center. The staff from the receptionist to the housekeeping staff were respectful and very professional. The room was stunning. We had a corner room so we had views of the GA Tech Campus & Downtown Atlanta. It was nice to be able to watch the 4th of July fireworks from the room. SInce we were traveling with an infant, the hotel provided us with a crib & refrigerator. Very accomodating to our every requests. Was well worth the price tag.

• Stayed July 2010