“Perfect conference hotel with great guest rooms”

Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 21, 2009

My company just held/hosted a meeting of about 100 people at the GA Tech Hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. It was a pleasure working with the sales people, conference and business center staff, reservations and accounting depts. The meeting rooms had ample space with room to spare. We loved the meeting package that included continuous food service throughout the day!! It was just the right size and not one of those overwhelming mammoth hotels.
Additionally, the guest rooms were well appointed and so very clean! Great flat screen tv's.
We would, without hesitation, recommend this to another group looking for a venue for their meeting.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed May 20, 2009

When I come to Atlanta, this is the only hotel I would ever consider staying at. The staff is phenominal, the location is superb, and the overall cleaniness is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2009

With 60 attendants from local to North and South America, all went very well even though some arrived very early in the morning from Brazil & Chile. I was based in Montreal, Canada to organize
The conference room + 6 breakout rooms were fully equiped to respond to specific needs.
Coffee breaks areas are wonderfull. No need to calculate coffees, donuts, fruits, etc. All is there and all day.
Staff is extremely well organized and can answer all requirements immediately.
If all goes better with the economy, we are coming back

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2009

After looking at dozens of Atlanta options, I am very happy we stayed at the Georgia Tech Convention Center. We were walking distance from my daughter's dorm, the hotel was quiet and beautiful, and the staff was very friendly.
A Couple of warnings but these did not distract from a perfect weekend:
1. The pool was deep so my son could not get in the water alone (but a nice depth for laps)
2. Like all downtown hotels they charge for wireless and parking. I find it odd that a high tech school would not give you free internet access. But again, that is just the downtown hotels way of doing business.

As a professional, it seemed like a great space for a serious working conference with out the distractions like other venues (vegas, new orleans, etc).

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I stayed here for back-to-back business trips (all in same week). One was to conduct an on-site review for a conference to be held at GaTech in 2010 and then for a conference held at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located to GaTech and is right across the street from a HUGE Barnes & Noble with a full-service Starbucks inside. There are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area and the trolley takes you to just about anyplace you would like to go. The amenities/facilities for the conference were excellent (some of the best I have encountered, and I have been to too many conferences to count). They have a business center plus 4 computers in the lobby / lounge area of the hotel. The lobby/lounge area is very nice with lots of seating where you can visit with friends and "people watch" out the huge windows. The buffet breakfast was excellent. The rooms are very modern and the beds are very comfortable (even comes with choices of pillows!). My week-long stay there was very nice!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for business/convention at Ga Tech Univ and had a terrible experience from check in till check out. The hotel does not provide basic things like toothpaste! So, we call the front desk and get a rude reply saying that a small tube is $2 and we have to purchase it. We ask them to send it upstairs and add it to our hotel charge, they still treat us as if we cannot afford it and keep mentioning that it will be a charge. After all this it is still not sent to our room.

After dinner we get back to the hotel around 11:30pm and find no one at the front desk. A staff member is in the back room which was 10 feet away with the door open. We say "excuse me" about 7 times but he does not even bother to look back to acknowledge us for 20 minutes. 10 feet and the man cannot hear us!! That just tells you that the staff does not care at all!

I would think at $200 per night and being a corporate hotel, the staff would be courteous and polite.

There is a $10 parking charge and $15 for in-and-out parking. $10 for internet. Beware there is ZERO security in the parking garage and this hotel is located in Atlanta Midtown which is not the safest area.

There are other hotels in the vicinity which are much better to choose from. I would recommend my company to never book here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Brad9
DirectorOperations, Stephen Stark, Director of Operations at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2009

We truly appreicate your feedback and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your recent stay with us. Please call me directly so we can ensure we win your business back!

Reviewed December 3, 2008

Another reviewer already mentioned this with regard to females traveling alone, and I can second that. I checked into the hotel on a Sunday night, no mention was made to me that the garage was not hotel property, that there is any risk parking there, that there are no security patrols and no cameras, etc. I figured that at $200/night, I could expect some level of security for my vehicle.

I worked from my room Monday and get a call at 9 PM Monday evening that the police needed to see me; yep, the car had been broken into at some point between 10 PM Sunday and 9 PM Monday. No one has any idea when because there is no security whatsoever; evidently it took a guest reporting it before anyone even knew. I had a small laptop hidden in the center console compartment, they took that and left everything that was visible, so it was a break in just to see what was in there. $2300 for that, $510 in repairs to the door and window of the car, $250 to AT&T for the wireless card that went with the laptop, a lost day of working trying to get my window replaced, etc. and the hotel's only response is "the garage is not ours, sorry." They would not even refund the money I was paying them for the privilege of parking in the garage that is not theirs! To add insult to injury, the bellman tells me that the garage laid off its security patrol a few weeks prior.

Both nights following the incident I was approached by panhandlers asking for change when coming and going from the garage.

The hotel itself was nice and clean, pillows are small and a bit uncomfortable, workout room was very good with lots of machines and treadmills, security is non-existent. Move it to a different area or add security and you've got a great option, otherwise it's just not worth the risk.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank pdisme