After looking at dozens of Atlanta options, I am very happy we stayed at the Georgia Tech Convention Center. We were walking distance from my daughter's dorm, the hotel was quiet and beautiful, and the staff was very friendly.
A Couple of warnings but these did not distract from a perfect weekend:
1. The pool was deep so my son could not get in the water alone (but a nice depth for laps)
2. Like all downtown hotels they charge for wireless and parking. I find it odd that a high tech school would not give you free internet access. But again, that is just the downtown hotels way of doing business.
As a professional, it seemed like a great space for a serious working conference with out the distractions like other venues (vegas, new orleans, etc).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the vibrant streets of Midtown Atlanta and the Georgia Tech campus, our innovative hotel offers modern accommodations for high-energy business and leisure travelers who demand the luxuries of home and office. Designed for maximum comfort and capability, our 252 newly renovated guest rooms deliver a refreshing mix of urban flair and innovative technology that inspire creativity and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgia Tech Hotel Atlanta
- Georgia Tech Atlanta