Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
1,088 results
All reviewsgt campusclub roomwaffle housewithin walking distancethe hotel staffmeeting spacemarta stationparking garagefox theaterthe entire staffup to datedefinitely stay here againbarnesnobleelianamidtownstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel last week during a training and the staff are what really made our experience phenomenal! The hotel is conveniently located in Midtown and within walking distance of several restaurants/shops/grocery store. There is even a GT Trolley for commuting to the MARTA station should you wish to venture further. But I must commend the staff for being the most hospitable that I have experienced. Thank you to Richard, Charlene, Jennifer, Lauren, Patrick and Falishia for making our stay so pleasant and for always offering your services with a smile. This was our first stay but I would definitely return!

1  Thank 214Sparkle1999
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. We are delighted we exceeded your expaectaions during your recent visit. We know you have hotel options in the MIdtown Atlanta area and thank you for the opportunity to be your gracious host. We will share all of your comments with our entire team.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here while attending a conference at GWCC. Clean and very nice facility, very friendly and helpful staff. About a 6-8 block walk to Marta station to reach GWCC. Nearby restaurants were nice and good values.

1  Thank Kel88c

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a concert at Philips Arena. The entire staff was courteous and helpful. We had lots of questions about getting around the area for the concert and everyone we spoke with was glad to help. The room was well-furnished and clean, the beds were very comfortable and we had a larger than typical bathroom with a nice tub. The toiletries were luxurious and I enjoyed using the internet with no password requirement. It was difficult to get through on the reservation line but the front desk answered my questions and I made my reservations easily online. The next time I'm in Atlanta, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhondia L
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. Yes indeed, providing unparalleled "Southern Hospitality" is a focus of our entire team here at our beautiful property. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. Even more so that your shared your feedback with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor every day. We will share all of your comments with our entire team.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed for a few days during a family visit to the GA Tech campus. We highly recommend this hotel for either business or vacation travel, for any reason in Midtown Atlanta.

Normally we stay at Hilton properties, but all of their Midtown hotels were full. So this was not our first choice, but from our point of view it worked out perfectly.

The place is modern, clean, well-staffed, safe, and relatively quiet. Parking is easy in the connected garage ($18/day in/out). Overall, we have no complaints about our stay.

Lots of good fast food/pizza and fine dining within walking distance. The hotel also has a well-stocked snack shop at the front desk.

And of course it is only one block from the main campus.

I arrived via MARTA from the airport - saving a $40 cab fare, and probably quicker then a taxi most times of day too.

MARTA directions: Purchase a "Breeze Card" from the kiosks in the airport station. The current one-way fare is $2.50 + $1 for the "re-loadable" card. No transfer is required; take the red/yellow line to the North Avenue station. Exit the station to the north (same direction the train was traveling), and the hotel is one block West (left) and three blocks North. If you take a look at the photo of the hotel on the web site, you will recognize it in the distance within a block after leaving the station.

Note that you will need the Breeze Card both to enter and exit the stations.

I think walking this route with bags would be OK for a guy or a group any time, but I'm not 100% sure that it would be OK for a lady alone after dark. But the proximity to campus is turning it into a high-end living area, so apparently the area is much safer than in the past.

Room Tip: The pool is on the 3rd floor, near the higher-numbered rooms. This could be an advantage or disadvantage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank global-engineer
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you for the details in your review of your recent experience with us. We are delighted that you allowed us to be your gracious host during your recent visit. We are very proud of our #10 ranking of 188 hotels on Trip Advisor and continue to focus on providing a memorable guest experience at our hotel. We will share all of your comments with our entire team. We look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Midtown Atlanta.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had part of our conference at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center last week Monday and Tuesday -- June 16th and 17th (IIeX NA 2014).

The venue was great, the food was great, and perhaps the best part of the whole experience was the hotel's staff!

Every staff member I encountered exhibited a sense of enthusiasm, upbeat attitude, and commitment to providing excellent customer service. The hotel's management must be truly committed to creating a culture that exudes good customer service. It was noticed by me and our team from the moment we checked-in to when we checked-out.

As one of two main planners of our event, I worked the most pre-event with Yolanda. Yolanda is absolutely amazing! She handled all of our questions, concerns, and ongoing changes promptly and thoroughly. Our conference had 600 attendees and as a result there's a lot of little (and big) things to coordinate. And with those kinds of numbers, there's inevitable changes all the way up to the day-of the event. I can't praise Yolanda enough -- she's a wonderful person and was a joy to work with! If we do future events at the hotel (which seems very likely), I REALLY hope that Yolanda is there to team-up with again!

On-site, I worked with Warren a lot with regard to setup, breakdown, and other miscellaneous equipment requests. Whenever I needed something, he was always there to help. And I never had to follow-up or remind him of things. Things just got done. Him and his staff (especially Harry) were really efficient. It was great to meet and work with all of them.

But the praise for the staff doesn't stop there. Lourdes in security was very helpful in fulfilling our endless keycard requests and making sure things ran smoothly and safely. Tontalyn at the business center was very helpful with regard to finding, receiving, and sending packages, as well as helping guests and attendees out with their printing and computing needs.

And finally, Richard at the front desk was very welcoming, accommodating, and helpful the entire time we were there. This was evident right away during check-in as he gave me a room with a nice view on the top floor when I told him that this was my first time in Atlanta. And whenever we or other guests/attendees had any issues, he solved them quickly and with a calm, yet upbeat, positive attitude. Admittedly, I have an endless sweet tooth and Richard went out of his way to help accommodate that as well -- thanks Richard!

In terms of the quality of the venue's services and environment, we were quite pleased and surprised by the cleanliness of the venue 24/7. They're definitely committed to keeping the place clean! We were also surprised by how good the lunch options were for our conference. It was served buffet style, but everything was very fresh and well-presented. Kudos to the chef and the catering staff!

I'll close by making one last comment about the staff there. I'm now going to use my experiences at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center as examples of times where I've had "the best customer service." The service I experienced there wasn't something I've experienced a lot -- it was consistently great throughout all levels of staff and departments, over several days. It exceeded all of my expectations and my prior "best" customer service experiences. It was extraordinary.

1  Thank Steven B
Ricky P, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share all of the wonderful comments regarding your recent visit with us. We are humbled by the gracious and detailed review. It is with great pride that all of our teammembers look forward each year to this great program. Thankyou for the wonderful mentions of all of the staff members. We will share those comments with our entire team. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your gracious host once again and we look forward to hosting the group again next year.