“Hospitality”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Inkster, Michigan
“Hospitality”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel has the best staff of any hotel I have ever been to!!!! I was taking a class in one of the conference rooms. I wasn't staying at the hotel yet they still treated me like I was a king. I was having class during the snow storm the week of January 27th. I tried to get to my hotel but the interstate was jammed and the roads were so bad that I couldn't make it to my hotel. All the hotels in the city and surrounding were booked solid. I didn't have any place to go. I thought I was going to have to sleep in my car but I was wrong. The hotel staff gave me a cot to sleep on and let me sleep in one of the empty conference rooms. They gave me a key to the room just like it was my own room. They gave me a key to the shower room as well. They didn't treat me any different than they did the guests actually staying there. This is the best hotel I have ever dealt with and I travel for work so I stay in a lot of hotels. If you are considering staying at another hotel for the price difference its not even close to being worth it. This is the best hotel you will ever stay at!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share all wonderful comments about your recent experience with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. Although the circumstances involved terrible weather in Atlanta it allowed us the opportunity to try to make all our customers as comfortable as possible. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding and we are delighted we were able to try to make you feel right at home. We will share all your comments with our entire team and look forward to being your gracious host should your travel plans bring you back to the Midtown Atlanta area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Triad, NC
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I arrived at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Convention Center the Tuesday morning of the 'Great Snow' (yeah - all 2 inches). The facility is clean, modern and staff are friendly and helpful. My room was clean and quiet. I was pleased.

Tuesday evenng and Wednesday the city shut down. The hotel operated admirally. I was not aware of any 'hiccups' which hindered service or operations. The hotel did ask for understanding for reduced housekeeping activities. The replenished and refreshed my towels. I was perfectly understanding of not making my bed (I don't at home).

Breakfasts and lunches were available in a large open dining area in a buffet style. Food was adequate, some items great and others so-so. This location facilitates meeting, eating on site and get back to work.

Cab fare from Atlanta Hartsfield airport is ~$37.00 flat fee (my co-worker paid). On the return to the airport, I took the MARTA for $2.25 + $1.00 for a reloadable fare card. The N3 station on 8th Avenue was 4 blocks from the hotel entrance. MARTA takes you right to the airport with no further transfers or substantial walking required.

The area does have restaurants available for evening dining, should you elect to eat outside the convention center.

The convention center does have a small bar/cocktail lounge. Wine selections were below average (I'm a wine guy).

Otherewise, a solid choice for meetings and even the plain hotel stay, if needed.

Room Tip: If you're arriving early and need to get into a room to change before an early afternoon meeting...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Ga Tech Hotel Guest Relations Ambassador at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. We indeed are grateful for your understanding during the events of last week’s snow/ice storm and would like to thank you for your understanding during those few days. We will share all your comments with our entire team and look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Midtown Atlanta.
Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

She was not a guest...she found your hotel in the early moments of the ice storm that brought Atlanta traffic to a gridlock. You were sold out but you opened your lobby and your hospitality to her and other stranded motorists. In the evening when it became apparent that no one would be able to leave, you brought out rollaway beds for them. The lobby was warm and safe, the staff was generous and kind, and the management was supportive. Thank you...thank you for taking care of my sweet wife! If you were this generous to a non guest, I can only imagine how wonderful you would be to a paying customer.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank hotelhopperGeorgia
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, GaTech Hotel Guest Relations Ambassador at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing all those kind words for the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor each day. Last week’s snow storm in Atlanta was an event that caught the city by surprise but allowed us the opportunity to extend a little southern hospitality to all guests that were in the hotel. We are especially grateful for customers such as your wife and all of the great guests that spent the evening with us. We will share your comments with our entire team and again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I think the rates are pretty reasonable here now they use to be much higher. The facility is in Excellent condition...the rooms are very nice but no micro wave and no refrigerator. TV is smaller than most nice hotels now but size is OK. Housekeeping never empty my ice bucket and the Coca-Coke machine, Atlanta is the home of Coke, hasn't worked this whole week. They have an excellent restaurant here also I'll have to see if that should be a separate review. Food is great but dinner buffet is $19+, guess that's really not so bad if you're really hungry.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit with us. Please accept our sincerest apology as we are indeed working our soft drink vendor to correct the challenge you experienced in our vending machines. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Midtown Atlanta.
pennsylvania
Reviewed January 26, 2014

for Conferencing/meetings; they are experts. our 2.5 day meeting & reception went off without a hitch. Hospitality their number one one priority, they know your name and they genuinely want to help! The conference staff was exceptional and especially Tontalyn at the business center. She went out of her way to make sure all my needs were met and my expectations exceeded. Warren the manager and, Danielle the banquet attendant were also exceptional, Edie and David were also helping and were great, knew our names and were always asking if they could help or if we needed anything. Yason at the club room is a wonderful bartender and very hospitable.

Room Tip: the 8th floor is the highest. this was where i stayed and it was great! quiet, great view of the c...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you sharing all the wonderful comments with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor each day. Our entire team is delighted that your experience was memorable and many of our associates left a lasting impression on you. We will share all your comments with our entire team and look forward to hosting you again in the near future should your travel plans bring you back to MIdtown Atlanta.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed January 23, 2014

It is a great hotel in a great location, but the beds are unbelievably uncomfortable. They were as hard as rocks. The front desk person told me they just got new beds and that the bed I was sleeping on was one of the new ones. Take them back for the sake of your guests, please. It was perhaps the worst nights sleep I've had at a hotel of any quality simply because these things were that bad.

Wifi was great. Other services were great.

1 Thank georgia_traveler22
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are grateful for the honest feedback regarding the challenged you experienced with our bedding and would like to sincerely apologize. We are indeed in the process of completing a hotel wide mattress replacement which had not been completed prior to your recent stay. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with a positive and memorable experience and hope you will allow us the opportunity to be your gracious host again in the future.
Pune, India
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were a group of 4 couples who went for weekend trip to atlanta and booked this hotel as we got a last minute deal from hotels.com. We booked this hotel based on its proximity and also reviews. The parking lot charges for every time you take your car out which was not informed by front desk and you spend more than 15$. Also i suppose it would be helpful if the front desk informs the direction to the room and lift as a basic courtesy as there are multiple lifts in lobby. Also, one of our 4 rooms had problems with flush and had to call the maintenance in the morning to fix it. The room in general has no issues and we had a sound sleep. There were good toiletries in the bathroom. Overall satisfied.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Ga Tech Hotel Guest Relations Ambassador at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. We will share all your comments with our entire team.