“Everything was great except for the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in”

Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

It is a great hotel in a great location, but the beds are unbelievably uncomfortable. They were as hard as rocks. The front desk person told me they just got new beds and that the bed I was sleeping on was one of the new ones. Take them back for the sake of your guests, please. It was perhaps the worst nights sleep I've had at a hotel of any quality simply because these things were that bad.

Wifi was great. Other services were great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank georgia_traveler22
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are grateful for the honest feedback regarding the challenged you experienced with our bedding and would like to sincerely apologize. We are indeed in the process of completing a hotel wide mattress replacement which had not been completed prior to your recent stay. We pride ourselves in providing our customers with a positive and memorable experience and hope you will allow us the opportunity to be your gracious host again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were a group of 4 couples who went for weekend trip to atlanta and booked this hotel as we got a last minute deal from hotels.com. We booked this hotel based on its proximity and also reviews. The parking lot charges for every time you take your car out which was not informed by front desk and you spend more than 15$. Also i suppose it would be helpful if the front desk informs the direction to the room and lift as a basic courtesy as there are multiple lifts in lobby. Also, one of our 4 rooms had problems with flush and had to call the maintenance in the morning to fix it. The room in general has no issues and we had a sound sleep. There were good toiletries in the bathroom. Overall satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Ga Tech Hotel Guest Relations Ambassador at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. We will share all your comments with our entire team.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a top ranking given the type of hotel. It is a good business hotel and a good place for a conference. Staff were friendly and helpful, I love that they give free wi-fi in the rooms, and the housekeeping staff actually followed the green policies stated and didn't change all sheets/towels every day when they made up the room (this was a good thing for me - they will do daily change if you request it). I especially like how they feed conference attendees - breakfast available until 11 and includes fresh fruit, hot buffet lunch. It's an easy walk from the Marta station, or you can catch the Tech Trolley right outside the Midtown (N4) Metro exit (get off at Tech Square). Lots of restaurants close by. Decent gym, but they could really use more free weights in the 10-15 pound range!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you very much Conwegian for taking the time to give us your feedback during your recent visit to our beautiful property. We agree we are in the perfect location in the "Heart of Midtown" Atlanta and are delighted that you allowed us to be your gracious host. We will share all your comments with our entire team including the great suggestion of adding more free-weights in the hotel gym. We look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta. Once again, thank you for choosing the Ga Tech Hotel and Conference Center.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in November 2013 to go see a show at the Fox. It was important to me that we be within walking distance of the venue, but I didn't want to shell out $200/night to stay right next door. This hotel was fantastic. It was beautiful with plenty of helpful, professional and very friendly staff. Our check-in moved very quickly and smoothly and the desk attendant took out plenty of time to give us restaurant suggestions and walking directions to/from the restaurant and venue. I was a little nervous because there was a performance at the conference center and a nearby performance by Elton John that night, but the hotel remained calm and pristine despite all the traffic coming through. The rooms were nice and had a really neat view of some of the GTech classrooms. It was clean, comfortable, convenient and affordable. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GaTechHotelRevMgmt, Manager at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value our position in the market place and are committed to provide clean, comfortable, affordable accommodations while striving for service excellence for all our visitors staying at our hotel. We will share all of your comments with our entire team and look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Atlanta.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Will keep this as short as possible: spent hours looking up hotels, decided on this one and we were not disappointed! Rooms and property were very clean. Some noise from street (sirens) - and we were on the highest floor (8) - but that is to be expected downtown in a large city. Liked the eco-friendly shampoo/containers. Beds were very comfortable. Neighborhood felt safe - walked to Starbucks across the street for breakfast, the Varsity down a few blocks for dinner. Overall great stay!

Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity for share your feedback with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. We will share all your comments with our entire team here at the hotel and look forward to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was looking forward to my trip to Atlanta. On my way to Atlanta, I discovered that I would be arriving earlier than expected so I called to see if I could arrive before check-in. The woman who answered the phone rudely cut me off before I finished speaking to tell me that it would not be possible for me to arrive early, so I waited until the appropriate time to check-in.
Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk agent made an unnecessary and insulting comment that I looked too young to check-in alone. I work in the accounting and finance department at a five star hotel and have been in the hospitality industry for over five years, and I have never been treated this poorly by a hotel. At my hotel, we strive to make every guest feel important.

While in my room, I ordered room service for myself and my guest. Upon delivering my food to my room, the delivery person felt it acceptable to “inform” me that I could not charge it to the room if I was “using daddy's credit card.” Though I may look young, I am an adult and a professional, and this treatment and behavior by a hotel at which I am paying to stay is unacceptable.

Later on that night, while watching a football game on the television in my hotel room, a manager came to the room door and threatened my guest and me. After the frustrating night, we went to sleep only to be awakened at 9:00am by a housekeeper ready to clean the room. She did not understand that we were checking out at 11am, and we were basically forced to leave the hotel early and in a rush.

After more than five years in the hospitality and hotel industry, I, more than most, understand how a hotel should be managed and run. This hotel is an embarrassment to the industry. I travel to Atlanta fairly regularly, and I will not stay at this establishment again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Haley S

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback during your recent visit during the New Year's Eve Holiday. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you as a result of an extremely festive evening in the hotel but we do certainly hope you allow the opportunity to earn your business in the near future. We will share all your concerns with the entire team here at the hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights with the main intention to help my daughter settle into her rental apartment before her term starts in Georgia Tech. We were given a room on the 8th floor at a really fantastic student rate! Room was spacious and comfortable. Hotel location was suitable for our needs, we had a great breakfast at Waffles House and the mini Walmart had everything we needed. We took the MARTA and the tech trolley everyday and covered Downtown, Midtown, Decatur and Perimeter Village. Enjoyed our CNN tour on 29th Dec, Sunday and also had the rare opportunity to immerse into the 'excitement' of the crowd making their way to a football game that Sunday afternoon. We met many friendly locals. We tried the food outlets in Midtown and nearby Piedmont Park, and the food court in Perimeter Mall. Efficient check in/check out and smooth ride via tech trolley and MARTA from and to the airport. When we called to report a problem with the toilet flushing system on one of the days, it was immediately attended to and the problem rectified within minutes. A warm 'thank you' to the management and staff! We really enjoyed our stay in Atlanta!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Welcome to the Ga Tech Family. We are delighted you allowed us to be your gracious host during the recent student move-in. Thank you for sharing all the wonderful comments about your stay which we will share with our entire team here at the hotel. We look forward to hosting you again during future visits. Goooooo Jackets!