“Great Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Great Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel with two of my work colleagues for several nights in December. As well as using the venue for accommodation, we've also hired one of the rooms for filming some interviews with the Key Opinion Leaders in the field of haematology, during the annual ASH Conference.
Both the hotel and conference centre have surpassed all of our expectations. The rooms were clean and spacious (perhaps by our European standards).
What stood out for us the most was the exceptional customer service we received throughout Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Centre. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was overwhelming and it genuinely felt like this kind of attitude was just natural to them, as nothing seemed forced, just genuine.
Nothing was too much trouble and believe me, when filming, you do have several, slightly strange requests!
I'd book this place again without hesitation. In fact, I do hope I will get to stay there and use if for our business needs, again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Izabela_75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Our company held two meetings at their location in November and they were both successes. The staff was very helpful and the meeting planner was very accessible and was a pleasure to work with. The location worked for my group and they loved the buffet as well. I will definitely be using GA Tech in the future!

1 Thank Marvina L
GATechHotel, Director of Sales at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We are so glad that your meetings were successful! We appreciate you sharing your comments with the Tripadvisor community. We look forward to working with you in 2013 and beyond!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Enjoyed a two night stay and can't say enough about it. The service is terrific! I even got a couple of tips from the front desk person on how to keep our parking costs to a minimum! The location is very convenient as well. I got a great rate and was pleased with the cleanliness of the room. I will definitely be recommending this place to others!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I would enjoy staying at this property again if I get the same sort of reservation discount that i did booking at the last minute on the website. The location is great but the standard room rates for this hotel are not worth it. I stayed for only one night and did not use any of the dining facilities. The rooms were average but very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to offer competitive rates taking into account our various amenities and great location in Midtown. Please check back with us for special offers in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Some very nice folks, Nothing but smiles all around , The Restaurant has a Very good Buffet , and plenty of Fast food in the area as well , Everything in this area is easy to access
If you are in the area give it a try, you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view of the surrounding areas
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here for one night in November as part of a road trip where we stopped in Atlanta. I have nothing but positive things to say about this property. First, the hotel is located on the Georgia Tech Campus, in Midtown Atlanta. The surrounding area is walkable and safe, even at night which is not always the case in Atlanta. There were plenty of food options available and plenty of activity in the area. Parking was reasonable at $10 per night in a garage adjacent to the hotel (Good for a urban location). WIFI was free and access to computers was easy when we needed to print documents. The room was a decent size and clean. Bathroom is sufficient as well. The Staff was very helpful and friendly. Also, there was a bar and lounge area on the main floor. I really have no complaints regarding this property. Lastly, the price for the hotel was quite reasonable as we booked through an online site. If the price is right, this is my go to hotel in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We very much appreciate your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Frankly, I was not expecting much, but I was very pleased with this hotel. It's relatively conveniently located, which is helpful. The room was a good size and seemed pretty clean (although, well, you know). Ditto the bathroom. It was all quite comfortable. The tea actually was refilled, which does not often happen. The staff is pleasant. Richard makes a great omelet in the dining room! The pool, which is the reason I chose this hotel is great. It is truly a lap pool for adults. Too often, the photo on the website shows an Olympic size pool that turns out to be the size of a bathtub. There was a lovely lady at the front desk during our stay, and I wish I could remember her name. The one thing this hotel needs is a concierge who knows Atlanta like the back of his/her hand. The things that I didn't like are nothing different than those that I dislike at most hotels that are not 4-star. But, I will definitely return to this one. Gladly.

Room Tip: I rated the Spa as if it were the Pool. Ask for a high floor as it tends to be noisy.