“Sweet and exotic, the flavors of CH don't disappoint.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cardamom Hill - CLOSED

Cardamom Hill
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“Sweet and exotic, the flavors of CH don't disappoint.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

The overall experience was very nice. The appetizer was almost like desert, a sweet potato custard in an samosa-like pocket, with a sweet tamarind sauce. The spare ribs and the baked red snapper wrapped in a banana leaf were both excellent entrees. The ribs were melt in your mouth and the bones had been removed. We had two deserts between four people and the bread pudding was awesome and went perfectly with a cup of chai. CH lives up to its name, as cardamom was a prevalant flavor in several of our dishes. Presentation of the food was clean and well proportioned, but the service felt a little flat and rehearsed. But all in all it was a great evening and we would reccommend Cardamom Hill.

Smiths, Bermuda
“wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just got back from this lovely restaurant. Fantastic food, beautiful presentation and impeccable service. The cucumber based cocktail and the mango pudding was delightful. Cardomom Hill serves cuisine from Kerela and isn't the typical 'Indian' restaurant. I can't recommend it strongly enough.

• Visited August 2012
Hotlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I like coconuts....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Wife and I had a wonderful time! We started with a nice white burgundy for 45 bucks and the Indian donuts with tamarind as well as the egg/rice dish with roasted shrimp on top. We enjoyed both apps. Make sure to add the shrimp to the egg. They were cooked perfectly. A nice fruit salad with micro greens was paired with donuts(not sweet). My date ordered veggie plate and I ordered the chix. The waiter convinced me on chix over grouper in banana leaves. The chix was awesome. So juicy and crisp with sweet coconut sauce on top and wonderful rice below. Very succulent dish. The veggie was perfect for my wife. We would like to go with large group and try a lot more dishes. We finished with tea served piping hot in neat plastic tumbler and Mango bread pudding topped with mango, papaya, and watermelon. I rally enjoyed the pudding but my wife prefers the Yankee version. Tea was perfect! Wonderful evening and the price was just right.

• Visited July 2012
Southeast
“Very Nicely Done in Every Way!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Have heard a lot of good stuff about this place so I went Friday for lunch and Saturday for dinner. Interesting things to report. First, the wait staff. Not what I usually take a whole lot of notice of unless service sucks but this was different. It appears that the entire staff is experienced, helpful to customers, helpful to each other and very much interested in seeing the restaurant do well. Well done! (thanks Mike). OK, so food. Very tasty and is indeed full of the subtle layered flavors the other reviewer mentioned. Definitely a place to go back to so you can work through the entire menu. The venue itself is very nicely done and even the strip mall is cozy. I just felt comfy there. Good service, good food.... I'll be back for sure.

• Visited June 2012
atlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cardamom Hill overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Found lunch to be a real let down. Greasy, spicing too bland, quality of meat lacking, small portions on fancy plates, more concerned with the hip factor the the food.

Will stick to the tried and true or my own Indian food

KM